LCR Milltek Cat Back Owners - Resonated or Non-Resonated??

Lee M

Hi Guys,

Looking at getting a Cat back Milltek exhaust system to go with a new 3" Piperwerx downpipe & race CAT i'm planning on buying.

Any advice on whether a resonated or non-resonated system is best?

I'd like a sporty exhaust note when giving the car a 'run out', but I don't want loads of cabin noise under normal driving/motorway cruising (no more than the standard system really), and not boy racer style (if you know what I mean) ;)

Also is the tail pipe an oval style, as per the standard system?, as some pics show an oval style with a flat bottom edge?

Thanks for your help

Lee

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
I have the non-resonated and it's fine under normal driving conditions. Only makes a racket when you nail it :)

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
My bro has the resonated on his MkIV Golf 1.8t. To be honest you can hardly hear it ever. Its almost too quiet!

STOKOE

Aug 26, 2004
TEESSIDE
i have the non-resonated on my lcr sounds ok under normal driving conditions, but when you boot it it comes to life and sounds lovely.:D

Deleted member 12147

I have the resonated one on my LCR, imo it's too quiet, it's slightly louder than a standard system. You can only really hear it when booting it.

I'm looking at replacing the centre silencer to make it a non res system so if anyone with a non resonated system want to make theres resonated give me a shout ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cupra_UK

Correction Cupra"R"
Dec 24, 2007
Near Gatwick
I'm not sure which one I have as I bought the car with it. It was quiet (as quiet as the standard exhaust I was told), but since changing the dog bone mount bush (to powerflex) it has definitely become louder. Not unpleasant and mainly when you push it through the rev range but a distinctive change in note.

I see you have the powerflex bush too so perhaps something to consider when deciding...?!

Also, aren't all Milltek exhaust tips flatish at top and bottom? Certainly less Oval than standard.
Pic: http://www.millteksport.com/media.file.cfm?fileid=462

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise