BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I think they look better witghout the trims to be honest!

Red and black FTW!

ibiza003.jpg

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
This was the first time the car was clayed, polished or waxed so was happy with the result :D

Beading:
DSC00289.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

On the MPG front, got 557 miles from the last tank. Going for 600 next time I have the money to fill up :lol:

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
There's another 30 -40 mile left judging by where your needle is!

Beading looks nice! I clayed, polished and HD Waxed mine but still don't get beading like that!

Where am i going wrong?

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland

Beading looks nice! I clayed, polished and HD Waxed mine but still don't get beading like that!

Where am i going wrong?

Ya prob could have got 600 out of that tank but was late for a match aswell and had to perform a bit of a spirited drive to make it :lol:

Had to fill up with the needle there then because I wouldnt have made it home from work and petrol stations would have been closed.

TBH mate i'm not sure. I couldn't afford HD wax so just wen with AG EGP. Just put it on and buffed it off quickly because I could see rain clouds on the way :lol: there are people on the site who would know a lot about it tho. Does the water just sheet off or what??

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland

Where am i going wrong?

do you let the wax cure for like 10-15 mins? maybe try 2 coats....i.e. wax leave for 15 then buff off and then wax again....another 10-15 and buff it off

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Ya prob could have got 600 out of that tank but was late for a match aswell and had to perform a bit of a spirited drive to make it :lol:

Had to fill up with the needle there then because I wouldnt have made it home from work and petrol stations would have been closed.

TBH mate i'm not sure. I couldn't afford HD wax so just wen with AG EGP. Just put it on and buffed it off quickly because I could see rain clouds on the way :lol: there are people on the site who would know a lot about it tho. Does the water just sheet off or what??

Yeah it does seem to sheet off but then on the roof i get big drops (suggesting it hasnt been waxed properly?). I used the AG Glass polish as well, that works well until it rains then it washes off!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Yeah it does seem to sheet off but then on the roof i get big drops (suggesting it hasnt been waxed properly?). I used the AG Glass polish as well, that works well until it rains then it washes off!

Hmmm strange. I use AG Fast Glass and it's only ok. Must get some Rainex or whatever it's called.

Scott's idea sounds worth a try though. Leave it on longer and put on more then 1 coat. I only put one coat on mine anyway.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Looking nice and clean Dave. The build up of dirt in your interior is so similar to mine, I'm always jumping in the car a bit mucky after work, nothing really dirty just fine dust... so it ends up everywhere. :(

Your car must have a bigger tank than mine, you got 54+ litres in it? Mine only takes 42/43, never any more.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Looking nice and clean Dave. The build up of dirt in your interior is so similar to mine, I'm always jumping in the car a bit mucky after work, nothing really dirty just fine dust... so it ends up everywhere. :(

Your car must have a bigger tank than mine, you got 54+ litres in it? Mine only takes 42/43, never any more.

have you ever vented the tank? usually get a good whack extra in

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
@Blanco - Ya the pump usually cuts off at around 45 litres I think but I got that much in by, as Scott mentioned, venting it. Could have got more but just stopped when I got the price to a nice even €80. Christ €80 :cry:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Yeah I think I vented the tank, most I ever get in it is still 43 litres. I filled until it clicked, pressed the green button in the neck of the tank and then filled and repeated twice. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.