BeezaDave's Mk4 Ibiza - Fresh wheels and lows!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Few things I have waiting to get painted:

Bumpstrips:
1000.jpg

Wing mirror covers:
1001.jpg

Cupra spoiler:
1002.jpg

1003.jpg

And bought this to start on my next job:
1004.jpg

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Up to:
DSC_0048.jpg

Got LED sidelights:
Before:
DSC_0002.jpg

After:
DSC_0003.jpg

Look very blue in the pic but are actually pure white.

Got this last week:
DSC_0073.jpg

So now have this:
DSC_0074.jpg

With this to be fitted, 6000k H7R Slim ballast HID kit:
DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

So let the work begin!!!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Where's the alloys!?

Cupra alloys? I'm still looking for a set. It makes things so awkward when you have to organise getting them shipped across to Ireland. Next good set I see though, I'm nabbing them :D

Moved the aux cable into the compartment under the steering wheel. Have an ipod holder to fit and that will sort the ipod side of things with no wires visible:

DSC_0070.jpg

H3 xenon style bulbs ordered aswell to finish the headlights but won't be here until the 4th of January :(

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Cupra alloys? I'm still looking for a set. It makes things so awkward when you have to organise getting them shipped across to Ireland. Next good set I see though, I'm nabbing them :D

Moved the aux cable into the compartment under the steering wheel. Have an ipod holder to fit and that will sort the ipod side of things with no wires visible:

H3 xenon style bulbs ordered aswell to finish the headlights but won't be here until the 4th of January :(

h3 bulbs? for what? those twin headlamps are H7

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
h3 bulbs? for what? those twin headlamps are H7

H3 bulbs for the main beam. The dipped beam are H7 and thats what the HIDs are for.

Main beams not H3?

Personally I wouldn't bother doing them though.

Yep mains are H3, hope they are anyway. Someone mentioned they were H1 but I thought that was the fogs. We'll see soon enough anyway.

They were only €10 and I'd like to have all the lights matching so just went for it. Will all be fitted as soon as the H3 bulbs are here and we'll see the results :D

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
H3 bulbs arrived today so swapped my LED side lights and silvatec indicator bulbs over to my twin headlamps. HIDs and H3s fitted aswell.

DSC_0072.jpg

Fitting will be tomorrow :D

Also got a free air freshner:

DSC_0071.jpg

Too bad it's lemon :rofl:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Will be intrigued to see how your full beam looks next to your HIDs :)
Hope you have more luck at matching than I've had :(

Last edited:

wrayvon

May 9, 2011
Bingley
Good man :)

Aye I need to come to realise this too. I only actually swapped one bulb the other day, passenger side I couldn't do without removing batery and casing etc or taking off bumper. So I'll have to do that this weekend (if I remember). But they are practically the same anyway, only a tiny difference :(

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Got my twin headlights installed today after an epic battle trying to get my bumper off haha.

Bumper off:
DSC_0078.jpg

Lights changed over:
DSC_0079.jpg

And a terrible phone pic of the HIDs:
DSC_0080.jpg

Very happy with the result. HIDs look glary but are very good in person. Still have to adjust them as didn't get round to that today. Will get better pics tomorrow as it got dark on me today.

Have to get the car off to an autoelectrician as I have the expected problem of the dipped beam turning off when the main beam is turned on.

@wrayvon - I will get a picture for you tomorrow of the main beam but just to let you know they are very yellow :(

Last edited:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Can i ask where you got the cupra spoiler and how much it cost? and whats the difference to the normal one?

Got it on here from SERE and got it for £35 as it was on sale. The difference is that it comes out further then the original if that makes sense and there is a lip at the end of it that points up. Didnt explain it very well so i'll go look for some pics now ;)

Matthewd91

MattyD
Jun 16, 2011
Gourock
Got it on here from SERE and got it for £35 as it was on sale. The difference is that it comes out further then the original if that makes sense and there is a lip at the end of it that points up. Didnt explain it very well so i'll go look for some pics now ;)

I acctually completely understand what you mean lol!! I thought that was the difference but never acctually seen one so wasnt sure, do you know how much they retail for?