Leon Cupra 300 in Mystery Blue

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
Congrats on your new 300 and nice color.
Cupra's are great with fuel economy if you really want to lol, don't expect yours to be any worse. Last summer I managed 6.8/ 100km consistently on long trips. But I tend to not worry about its fuel consumption.

ElCoasa

Apr 11, 2017
Thanks!

Yeah, you're right, I am not bothered about that yet (even though I already used 3 tanks in less than a month) as it's a weekend car - I don't commute, I just go to visit places. But even so, I wasn't expecting anything under 9-10 as traffic in London is pretty much a standstill even on weekends - I live in south London and it takes me about 80 minutes to get to M11 to Cambridge (around 35 km).

But you're right, great car!!

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
The gate on the box is quite tight, I struggled going fast 3 to 4 but at 2k miles now it's free'd right up.

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
700 miles in and I can't stop wanting for more! The engine is sublime and it makes me wonder why isn't everyone buying a car like this :) Who needs diesel and 1.0 cars when you can have this?! I admit it's a bit more expensive, but it's practical and it brings joy to your life :)

Managed to get 8.0 l/100 km (35 mpg) with the last tank, which is impressive as well. My Fiat Bravo 1.4 TJet that I have back home doesn't average that.

As it was mentioned on this forum before, having it in Cupra mode is what you want. The acceleration is nearly savage and indeed you get wheel spin even in 3rd gear. Comfort is very good around city, makes the ride better for the speed bumps and potholes and the acceleration much less responsive - nothing happens up to 3000 rpm.

The only thing I am not 110% satisfied with is the gearbox - it might be just me, but changes are not as smooth as I was expecting.

The interior might feel quite dark without a sunroof and that's why I think it's a must have, especially on leased cars where it is a 25 per month extra option (2 years plan).

My only regret now is that I only got 8000 miles per year. I should've went for 10000 as I want to drive it every weekend even if I have no need to :whistle:

How's yours, does the 4drive make a difference?

I haven't received mine yet, been delays on build but I should have it in the next few weeks. Been built this week. I test drove a FWDand 4Drive back to back and I could notice the traction difference, notice it a lot more in damp / wet conditions.

You still munching through the miles?

JasonTopHat

Sep 19, 2017
Beautiful car. Looks really good in the blue.
How good is it in the corners? I think this is what makes a good/great European car; how it handles the winding roads.:D

Cupra_Jay_300

Now: Magnetic Grey 290 LUX. Then: Nevada White 300
Jan 25, 2018
Looking amazing in that colour! I might be regretting ordering Nevada White now.....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise