Safety RECALL Altea TDI

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Hi All,

Got a letter this morning saying my Altea 2.0TDI is subject to the recall concerning the bolts on the fuel pump cover so this does not appear to only effect older TDI's as had been thought elsewhere.
My letter refers to the 'Checking of the Tandem Fuel Pump' whatever that bit is!
Has anyone else had this letter yet? I will of course call up the dealers tomorrow...

Tell

Staff member
The dealer could have told you if it was built to order. They say phone up in this week X, and we can check whether it is being built. Mine was October now since I was away for November and it spent that time being shipped over. It might have something stamped on it some where ?..... It will be in the Seat computer system for sure. But no I have had no recall notice yet.

ALT54

Dec 9, 2004
I have had one. My Altea was checked yesterday and found not to need the work. :D
Paul

hibitdat

Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Spoke with my local today. Aparently they are all being recalled to at least be checked regardless of the build date...

hibitdat

Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Had my Altea check a couple of weeks ago and since its fitted with a Bosch pump its not affected aparently...

Lambfoot

how do you find the build date??

We collected ours early september 2004.

Not exactly current I know, but someone may be interested:

The Mercedes-Benz club of Russia(!) has a website ,in English, where it is possible to type in the VIN number and gain access to factory build data, including the build date.
Not much use to SEAT owners I know, but perhaps one of you hackers out there could establish something similar?

www.mbclub.ru/mb/vin.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
anyone with doubts give me your chassis number i will check for outstanding recalls. its a modified gasket and bolts, only certain vehicles (across the whole vag range) are affected. if you get a letter, ask your dealer to preorder the bits in case you need them - saves 2 visits lol

Tenbellies

seat Chesterfield The guy as very nice and i managed to blag a leon cupra for a couple of hours :) while they do it :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members