Removing Bumper And Headlight Lens Leon Mk2 Fr

R1_CKY

Hi Everyone,ive Done A Search And Cant Find Anything.does Anyone Know Anything Bout Removing The Front Bumper(leonmk2 Fr) And Also Removing The Headlight Lens.ive Had A Quick Look At Bumper And Got It Kinda Loose From Removing Some Screws But I Know There Is More To It.thanks If Any One Can Help.
Cheers Ricky

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
screws in both wheel arches, screws in under tray to bumper. Screws across the top bumper line/slam panel line then pull bumper from wheel arch sides then front will then pull forward!
Disconnect the fogs then headlights can then be unbolted

I can have the bumper off in less than 5 mins now

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
This should help you guys out:

29550027z.png

e6310043.png

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Ok so last night I spent 3hrs peeling the bumper off to get to my head lamp.
In the end it cAme off fairly easy.

Fitted the new ballast. Checked it worked before putting it all back together.

So a hour or so later the Cupra front end was back on
But in the mean time my grill fell out.(I can only guess that someone had taken it out before breaking the clips. And I found that the mounts in my head light had been broken too .so I've had I right job getting back in the right place ) so I'm thinking the last owner had driven into a post or wall at some point :-(.

But anyway with the car back together .
I turned the lights on only to find the warning light came on . On the dash and the Xenon light went out again!!!!! Ahahahahahhahhh.

So I now think the 2nd hand ballast I bought is faulty????

At this point I could tear my hair out!

Any ideas anybody??

Ps. If any one has a Cupra:fr grill for sale please pm me or a xenon o.s.f headlamp .
Thank you..

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.