Come on Cordy drivers!

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
Just wanting to kick start the silent Cordoba forum again! Thanks to cupra.net I have rekindled my love for my Cordoba 2.0 16v SX! Had her 8 years nearly and still enjoying her even after stubonly sticking with it through the addition to our family and a snapped cam belt (oops... shoulda serviced her!) She is more or less standard bar few minor cosmetic touches and stereo system etc. Just wanted some of you guys to offer more inspiration and pride in you cordy! Heres mine (ignore the note in the window, was making the Mrs think I was "actually trying" to sell it for £2000!!!!)

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae348/richypanic/02082009184.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae348/richypanic/02082009185.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae348/richypanic/02082009183.jpg

Have now added simple clear repeaters and this has improved/modernised no end.
Come on folks, lets have a look at yours............

Last edited:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Well I guess it'd be rude not to add mine :D

Long story short I owned this car, sold it, and then had been looking for her for years to buy back. Then found her on ebay and bought her back.

Looked like this when I got her

cordy1.jpg

cordy4.jpg

But then a bit of trial and error on the parts front sees her looking like this...

enginebling2.jpg

_DSC2785_sml.jpg

_DSC2783_sml.jpg

_DSC2798_sml.jpg

_DSC2805_sml.jpg

Current mod list.

Dropped about 70mm on coilovers.
Hubs exchanged for Mk3 Golf to allow 5 stud wheels
Polished Audi TT 17's
Leon Cupra R brembos.
Leon Cupra rear calipers
Mk3 Ibiza wing mirrors
Polished engine parts
Clifford Concept 650+Remote start
De-spoilered boot.
Special C12RDY reg plate :funk:

Currently working on a Mk3 Cordy rear end although that's not as simple as it should be.

Full build thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121227

Pete

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
Thats what Im talking about! Sheer pride and some mighty fine looking motors there. You have given me a few ideas already. De-spoiling I never thought of and it transforms the shape. You guys certainly know clean motors! Shame they never stay that way for long! Now thinking of polishing the engine, dammit!!!

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
I recognise f2stus cordy from all the forum posts I have read! Would those be m3 wing mirrors by the way?
I am chuffed when I see one, simply for the rarity of them.
Sometimes wanna flash the old headlights like the old mini boys do! Only to find it was a beeza all along! Only to get a glaring look back by the driver...

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
My cordy as it stands engine mods are waiting to be confirmed of what it has in it but with the graph it done on the rollers its sure camed as was still rising on the limiter pulling 190.2bhp :)

randomstuff044.jpg

randomstuff046.jpg

randomstuff045.jpg

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
Hey, Mr noisy! Where you grab that spoiler from? Or was it already fitted when you bought it? Toying with spoiler idea also! Im liking the headlights...

Cheers mate im not sure on headlights yet got them mainly due to me doing the red and black theame the spoiler was prety dead when i got it all fadded ect so its been sorted :) and i have never seen another one either just wish i could find a bonnet to match :(

Next up is smoke the windows and then either do front rear splitters and skirts either gloss black or red like the car

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
You should get a front bumper of a facelifted Mk4 Ibiza Gaz. Would look savage :D

Thanks. :) I'm not planning to do anything else with it now. Alhough I could get one sprayed up when I get my door fixed. (got reversed into by a polish driver with no insurance! [:@] )

356472262.jpg

Does anyone know why the bumpers have colour coded rub strips while the doors have black ones? To be honest I prefer the black.

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
To be honest guys, the sx is a handsome, rare and quick enough motor as standard, so modding the engine is not high on my list! Just wanna make little changes cosmetically.
Most muppets at the lights under estimate a 2.0 16v sx anyway!!
One question, standard exhaust - can someone supply an official part/reference number, as my local fitters ALWAYS have trouble picking the right back box!!

richypanic

Seat Cordoba 2.0 16v SX
Nov 8, 2008
Aldershot, Hampshire
Well you are talking about the most unpopular Seat ever made, there aren't many around.

Well, when I bought it, she stood out! I aways thought I was a bit "different" from the rest! The Ibiza didnt appeal as much. Come to think of it, the salesman was a bit keen to sell her!! Glad he was to be honest. I love being a bit "niche"...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise