What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
i have decided to add some white LED's too :) they look well nice! Thought about adding them in my boot, splicing into the boot light and then covering the boot light with some black tape or something and then i have LED boot light with no errors :)

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Yeah its a nice place to sit.

Cheers! Yes they are decent and have been scotchguard treated.

Are the genuine Seat or from and independant company - they look top dollar and i'll be needing some myself soon, any chance of a link or details of where you got them?

Cheers!

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Taking my HIDs out as the canbus system doesn't like them. £60 down the pan!

Any suggestions for white bulbs?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Taking my HIDs out as the canbus system doesn't like them. £60 down the pan!

Any suggestions for white bulbs?

Depends how bothered you are for intensity. Best compromise is osram nightbreaker plus i think.

If you just want the HID look then MTEC superwhites is what i use

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Depends how bothered you are for intensity. Best compromise is osram nightbreaker plus i think.

If you just want the HID look then MTEC superwhites is what i use

Cheers mate. I can't work out what the problem is. My car just keeps shutting the power down for the drivers side headlight.
My HID kit is canbus pro, so can't work it out!

I like to have a decent amount of light on the road, which of the two do you recommend?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Cheers mate. I can't work out what the problem is. My car just keeps shutting the power down for the drivers side headlight.
My HID kit is canbus pro, so can't work it out!

I like to have a decent amount of light on the road, which of the two do you recommend?

I've used both, i've stuck with the MTECs because i judt drive around town mainly, so street lights mean i don't need powerful lights, i prefer the HID look. Tbh i find them okay on country roads, and most of the time don't bother using my full beam.

I know other people really don't like them, they say they're just no good! I guess its personal opinion.

The nightbreakers are good, but they still have a yellow tinge, especially if youre using LED sidelights.

Heres a picture of my MTEC superwhite h7 and MTEC sidelights too:

52848b6c-48b3-45b0.jpg

Worth a pop at either bulb, they're only a tenner of ebay

Last edited:

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I've used both, i've stuck with the MTECs because i judt drive around town mainly, so street lights mean i don't need powerful lights, i prefer the HID look. Tbh i find them okay on country roads, and most of the time don't bother using my full beam.

I know other people really don't like them, they say they're just no good! I guess its personal opinion.

The nightbreakers are good, but they still have a yellow tinge, especially if youre using LED sidelights.

Heres a picture of my MTEC superwhite h7 and MTEC sidelights too:

52848b6c-48b3-45b0.jpg

Worth a pop at either bulb, they're only a tenner of ebay

Thanks Jarre, much appreciated. (Nice YPLAC'ing in that bus stop too :lol:;))

It's my drivers side headlight that keeps having problems, I've bought canbus pro ballasts and even swapped them over to make sure it isn't them, and it isn't.

I had an epiphany earlier that it could have been the bulb as they're about 3 or 4 years old now, and so, as I had a set of spare HID bulbs laying around (like you do:whistle:) I decided to give it one last try before I threw the :censored:ers out!

Anyway... I've just been for a quick drive and tried them with the new bulbs and they seem fine! They error on the cluster & MFD when they first boot up (like they did before), but then the error goes after 5 seconds or so.
I'm off out in a bit so I'll give them a proper test (on off on off on off on off :idea::dance:) and let you know if I end up flinging them in the middle of the motorway somewhere!

Worst comes to the worst, I'll stick the full set on eBay for half what I paid for them and get some new bulbs of sorts.

Cheers

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks Jarre, much appreciated. (Nice YPLAC'ing in that bus stop too :lol:;))

It's my drivers side headlight that keeps having problems, I've bought canbus pro ballasts and even swapped them over to make sure it isn't them, and it isn't.

I had an epiphany earlier that it could have been the bulb as they're about 3 or 4 years old now, and so, as I had a set of spare HID bulbs laying around (like you do:whistle:) I decided to give it one last try before I threw the :censored:ers out!

Anyway... I've just been for a quick drive and tried them with the new bulbs and they seem fine! They error on the cluster & MFD when they first boot up (like they did before), but then the error goes after 5 seconds or so.
I'm off out in a bit so I'll give them a proper test (on off on off on off on off :idea::dance:) and let you know if I end up flinging them in the middle of the motorway somewhere!

Worst comes to the worst, I'll stick the full set on eBay for half what I paid for them and get some new bulbs of sorts.

Cheers

Simply put, I've no clue what the :censored: problem is! The HIDs are coming out tonight and I'm having a set of osrams. :( so gutted.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Think of the positive side...it will now pass its MOT! ;)

Lol, true, though the £60 I spent on my new HID kit and the £20 it'll cost me to replace the caps on thr back of thr headlight units, could have gone towards it's first AND second MOT :(. Dayum! Wish I knew what the issue was.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.