What did you and your MK2 do today?

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i currently have the extrema 120% philips bulbs, as for bulbs they are great. give good coverage and distance but they have a typical halogen colour to them. this didnt bother me at first, then i fitted my smd led side lights which are white/blue it makes them really stand out.

ive just ordered a set of mtec cosmos blue h7 bulbs. ill post a pic before and after once ive fitted them.

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
i was told before that cosmos blue has worse coverage than the super white MTECs!

yeah they would be, im aware of this but i dont drive much any more so not too fussed about coverage and want something that will match my sidelights too.

so long as it looks good, im happy. if im doing a long night run ill put the philips extreme back in.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
It's really stressing me out this HID malarkey! Why the :censored: doesn't my Leon like them?!
As for MTEC vs. Osram... I can't have lights that Dont light up the road (MTEC), they'd stress me out big style. On the same token,if I buy Osram night breakers they will stand out against my LED side lights :(.

It's a lose/lose/lose sitch :(!!

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
534570_10151047616193987_1541890311_n.jpg

Finally!

Nov 15, 2011
yea price mike, or you could always ask a Carbon fibre part manufacturer if they would like to make a copy so us guys could get some :D

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Had a set of Bilstein B16 PSS10's, Whiteline WALK and AutoTECH rear sway bar installed. Just got to tweak the bump and rebound to suit city driving.

Fish

mikeypur

Nov 18, 2009
Decided I need to sell my carbon scuttle to find the bill from the garage

f6943906.jpg

b926e79d.jpg

On the chaps car that tried it on today

That looks awesome, how much are you looking for it?

Wonder if there is anywhere that would be willing to make a batch of them for us lot on here??

Dan Gull

Greetings folks - well after two weeks with the new car I got a tyre pressure warning light, so went to get it checked out and needed two new tyres after 800 miles. Ouch.

A few mods minor cosmetic mods carried out:

Dealer Badges Removed
Plain Number Plates
Seat Tax Disc Holder
Seat Valve Caps
Aluminium/Red Handbrake Cover (read overpriced piece of plastic...)
Stubby aerial went on but removed after problems with DAB reception.

Hmmm, great - can't post pictures yet. Makes this rather a pointless post.

Oh well - 2012 2.0 TDI 170 in black.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members