Doncaster / Germany (Army)
In this area...

1463e78c-1.jpg

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Rain droplets lol

ah ok so you are talking about the oring that goes in the end of the intercooler hose?
i have had to have 2 replaced so far.

oil is always present in intercoolers btw. it settles at the lowest point which is the intercooler.

what intercooler you running Mike?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Have you just had to replace the 'left' hand side one mate? ANy other O rings gone?

Thanks for reasurance on presence of oil, Im using APR cooler

i have had to replace 2 so far both on the left side , the other one was at the silicone hose where it somes out of the pipe which joins to the turbo , think its called turbo discharge pipe?

simple job to do longest part was jacking the car up and taking the undertray off lol

dealer wanter over £70 + vat ! for a simple job and £3 o ring! grrrrrrrrrrrrr , takes the piss !

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
I might have to check the others... I wish it was safe to assume if the dealer had done the o ring at one end of the pipe they wouldve checked the other end. I, however have little faith lol.

Nov 28, 2006
I tried to remove the engine cover to see if my spark plugs were OK but couldn't get it off! I also washed the car and found a dink in the front wing. Not a good Cupra weekend :cry:

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
I tried to remove the engine cover to see if my spark plugs were OK but couldn't get it off! I also washed the car and found a dink in the front wing. Not a good Cupra weekend :cry:

Believe me it will be ur sparkplugs...Seat dealer only charged £28 to change them let them deal with the engine cover etc.

FR_Flavoured

Went out for lunch in Newcastle - obligatory car park shot was taken:

2011-09-11123416.jpg

:D

:D lol, nice one, looks stunning.

I'm often doing things like this too, then just ignore the moans from the wife or whoever else is with me at the time, who think I'm a little mad.

Interesting to see you decided to park in-between 2 cars, and not up on that mostly empty level above? :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.