What did you and your MK2 do today?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Im just about to make a start restoring my headlights. Will put pics up in an hour or so.

I will be using some fine grades of wet n dry and my Porter Cable with various polishes.

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
Nice lights jake i want to get them also.

Just received my led light kit. How the hell u get the interior lights out without scratching the plastic??

Rob_Talisman

Sep 2, 2013
North East
Right got my led kit from partsulike. And im confused.

You get 3 type of bulb. A push in dome type x 5. One big festoon for the boot. And 8 x smaller festoons

In the front interior ligh u use 3 of the dome push in and the other two in the front side lights. Ive done the boot big festoon and use 4 other festoons in the rear roof interior lights and two number plate lights.

Ive now 4 led festoons left over n no idea where they are suppose to go if anywhere. And ive a dome pushin bulb in the glove box ive go no bulb for....

Last edited:

R@B

I Like Turbos!!!
Mar 11, 2009
Sunny Glasgow

You get 3 type of bulb. A push in dome type x 5. One big festoon for the boot. And 8 x smaller festoons

In the front interior ligh u use 3 of the dome push in and the other two in the front side lights. Ive done the boot big festoon and use 4 other festoons in the rear roof interior lights and two number plate lights.

Ive now 4 led festoons left over n no idea where they are suppose to go if anywhere. And ive a dome pushin bulb in the glove box ive go no bulb for....

Have you changed the festoons in the sunvisor lights?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Dragon1978

Jul 29, 2013

I am looking to buy the same kit but when I had a look at their website it gives you the option to buy resistors. My question is, do I need them as I thought this kit would work without any error lights on the dash without the need for resistors?

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
good lad :) hadn't thought of them. ok that's two more.

It may be a option for the footwell but I don't think any Leon's had them fitted or the numberplate other than that there are no others to change. I changed mine and then installed my own footwell lights for both the front and back ( back below)

d9d15c1d.jpg

Rob_Talisman

Sep 2, 2013
North East
yeah weird isnt it. got the sunvisors done too now. light difference is incredible.

just need to get the glove box sorted. not sure if they have supplied right or if my car just had different fittings.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Tried to change the front fog light bulbs to whiter versions (as have them setup as DLR's via VCDS), but failed to gain access due to BTCC kit.
Bulbs were also the wrong type too, as Pre-FL and FL would appear to be different.....so gave up.......

yer im the same, i was going to laminex my fogs but dont fancy taking the bumper off...:lol:

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
Im just about to make a start restoring my headlights. Will put pics up in an hour or so.

I will be using some fine grades of wet n dry and my Porter Cable with various polishes.

how did this go? I fancy doing mine to.:p

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Drove the Leon from Sheffield to Bedford to get my new MR2, then admired the Leon from the MR2 for the 4 hour journey to Blyth.

...the Leon really is a stunning looking car.

Had a great little cheeky flee around with the wife ! :) haha. She's no pussycat in the Leon :)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Bought a BTCC replica spoiler off ebay, decided against fitting it.
Anyone on here interested before I ebay it again?
Primed just needs painted/fitted.

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
What are you waiting for? the clutch kit? what was up with the kit you had fitted? i thought just a clip had broke?

Yeah waiting for SPEC stage 3+ clutch from America bud. The helix stage 3 pressure plate was down to the rivets in 9 k miles and caused the hydraulic god pipe clip to break. Also after clutch getting the hybrid turbo fitted/map tweaked and flapper delete fitted at APR Scotland :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.