What did you and your MK2 do today?

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
Don't use a sponge is always a good start :)

And use this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_845437_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

just to let you know it with make your micro fibre cloth black but works :)

Hello mate got this today just wanna run something by you.

I have cleaned the car so just got to wax now. Now do I go straight to the black spray I just bought or do I get my normal turtle wax polish (cream colour stuff like autoglm) first buff that off then go over with the spray?

Cheer lee

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I polished all my car first. then did a body panel at a time with the spray but use a really good cloth as it could ruin your end result.

Spray on wipe off and remember you cloth goes black :p

and sometimes i polish car then leave it over night and use it and picks up the bits you missed :)

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
today been thinking about my alloy colours some more and was worried between the black/purple colour of my car.

so did a little research

so here is a black car with gold.

black8.jpg

but then i found this bronze on black

dsc07932.jpg

so based on the above you get

bronze

bronze.jpg

gold

gold.jpg

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
I polished all my car first. then did a body panel at a time with the spray but use a really good cloth as it could ruin your end result.

Spray on wipe off and remember you cloth goes black :p

and sometimes i polish car then leave it over night and use it and picks up the bits you missed :)

cheers mate ill give it a bash tomorrow then finish up tuesday for me to ruin it Wedneday when i drive to tesco

lee

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
today been thinking about my alloy colours some more and was worried between the black/purple colour of my car.

so did a little research

black8.jpg

dsc07932.jpg

bronze

bronze.jpg

gold

gold.jpg

Bronze for defo ;) - I was going to apply this colour to my BBS Sport Wheels after using photoshop etc to see how it looks...HOWEVER at the last minute I changed my mind and went for Gunmetal instead (Safer Choice...)

Geordie_Paul

Jan 19, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Had quite a productive day today! Changed the diverter (re-circ) valve to the rev d version and noticed a very slight split in the old diaphragm :) Also debadged the rear 'LEON' and then gave her a nice thorough wash whilst I still had the chance!!

Photos of the debadge and wash to go up in my RR thread and also going to post a brief guide with photos on how to change the re-circ valve in a Leon FR on axle stands (******* that it was lol)

bil44

Aug 13, 2011

so did a little research

black8.jpg

dsc07932.jpg

bronze

bronze.jpg

gold

gold.jpg

Looking to get rid of the FR and move up to the cupra, either that an ed30 or S3 but only really like the sportbacks which are in another price range but if it the cupra and black is the main option it defiantly will be the bronze combo, like it alot ;)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Well was at awesome yesterday nice day out and of course very well looked after as usual.

Bought a dblias intake from a forum member and fitted it today.
Nice and quiet in the car and I can feel the difference in power.

Sent from my iPhone

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Met up with Tfsi_Mike, shame about the rain but good to meet a fellow car nut! Some pics in my Readers Ride thread.

Great to meet you today Matthew after all the chats, PMs & banter. The 'Asbo' looked really moody on the drive to Shell, Miltek sounded evil too!

Look forward to getting you sorted with a short shift!

A couple of dirty but loved Cupras...

Photo0152.jpg

Last edited: