Tyres? Opinions?

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Hi guys had some bad road noise recently so went to the garage and was told I need 4 new tyres and wheel alignment! Apparently the inners on the back are quite bad.

Any good reccomendations? Currently looking at Avon ZV7 as theyre rated as good as Goodyear/michelin equivilents on sites like blackcircles.

Cheers

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
Goodyear’s for me. Tried everything else and they are what works best.

Each to their own...

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I doubt geometry aliment will fix the VAG trait of the problematic inner edge of the rear tyre wear, although I guess someone on here will of fixed it and also maintained the handling characteristics/balance of their car at the same time.

Unfortunately due to keeping tyres to long on the back of some VAG cars does result in bad road noise, no tyre will fix this after wear but some manufactures maybe better than others..

andrew9116

Jan 27, 2015
Herefordshire
You won't go wrong with Goodyear Eagle F1's Assy.3
Perfect all rounder for the British roads.

Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 are best tyres I have tried but don't expect a long life on these at all.

I have an 2010 FR CR 170.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Best I've used on my Cupra are Michelin PS4, I thought the Goodyear Eagle were good but the Michelins are miles better (pardon the pun)

tommy_l

Nov 10, 2013
Caernarfon
I've had one set of continental sport contact, Dunlop sport maxx and good year eagle f1's on the front over the last few years, just recently purchased my second pair of Avon ZV7 extra load 94y, these lasted about 4 - 5000 miles more than the above mentioned brands, without compromise on wet or dry grip.

They are a harder compound so they are rated at 2db higher on road noise, but are you really going to notice this? for the cost saving and extra mileage, well worth it in my opinion!

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I've had one set of continental sport contact, Dunlop sport maxx and good year eagle f1's on the front over the last few years, just recently purchased my second pair of Avon ZV7 extra load 94y, these lasted about 4 - 5000 miles more than the above mentioned brands, without compromise on wet or dry grip.

They are a harder compound so they are rated at 2db higher on road noise, but are you really going to notice this? for the cost saving and extra mileage, well worth it in my opinion!

Do you know they are a harder compound or are you presuming as they have lasted you longer? An increase in Road noise is not necessarily caused by a harder compound.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.