Retrofit Soundaktor to FR+ 2011 CR TDI

dennis10

Jan 30, 2018
Hi guys,

As in title, is it possible to retrofit the Soundaktor unit that some of the Cupra's have that simulates engine sound, to my FR+ 2011 (facelift) CR 2.0TDI?

The engine doesn't sound terrible as far as TDI's go, but I've heard the soundaktor in a CR 184 TDI and it sounded really good.

I think some of the facelift Mk2s had them as standard didn't they? If so, is it possible to retrofit it to my car and does anyone know the part numbers? Would it work out of the box or would it need to be coded in via VCDS?

Many Thanks

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
I have no personal experience with this but I don't think it's as straightforward as just mounting the parts and bodging some wiring.

I found a thread on an Audi forum by someone who had tried this and they found it did need coding via VCDS and also that the control unit is engine specific and will only work when the correct engine code is reported as present on the CAN bus.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-performance-mods/65705-drive-select-engine-sound.html

dennis10

Jan 30, 2018
Thanks for the information Rusty2k

I'm guessing this is probably a dead end then, if it needs to recognise and be matched to the engine code. I don't think the CEGA engine ever got it did it?

I was under the impression that the mk2 Cupra got the soundaktor stuff didn't it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members