Annoying windscreen reflection from binnacle

jimbo_FRDSG

Had a search for this but the threads don't go anywhere so I'm going to see if anyone else has this problem. :think:

Having had the car for just over 2 months now I'm finding the reflection of the shiny silvery coloured instrument binnacle of the dash quite intrusive in my eyeline. Its like looking through an opaque half-moon most of the time.
Obviously this time of year autumn/winter sunshine is hard on the eyes but I also find it pretty bad even on a dull day with the sky solid grey (light or dark grey which we get a lot of up here btw).
Even night driving with the street lights causes quite a bad reflection and its very obvious to me.
Now, I'll admit I have my seat cranked right up to highest setting as that's the way I like to drive and probably this doesn't help but I'm way past wanting to drive lying on my back with a burberry cap on.

Anyone else find this reflection annoying ?

Or are there anti-reflective products on the market that you can coat the inside of the windscreen with or even replace the windscreen with an anti-reflective one.
As a last resort I might have to resort to cutting a piece of that black dashboard anti-slip material to place over the binnacle.
It is something I think car designers should address more as its not only the Leon that I have been bothered with in the past but its by far the worst.

Don't be smart and tell me to let the dash get dusty :whistle:

Now I'm in gripe mode I also have been nearly blinded by the sun shining from the side/rear quarters on the SEAT logo on the steering wheel.....not too much of a problem in this country :rolleyes: but I'd imagine in 'hotter' climes this would be pretty bad.

cupra2007

RCOTY
Jan 7, 2007
rhodes/greece
i'm 6ft4(1.94cm) so i drive with my seat a long way back and at its lowest so maybe thats why i don't have your problem.what annoys me though is the blue light when you have the main lights on that reflects up inside the instrument binnacle!!how pathetic are we!?!:D:D:D

jimbo_FRDSG

i'm 6ft4(1.94cm) so i drive with my seat a long way back and at its lowest so maybe thats why i don't have your problem.what annoys me though is the blue light when you have the main lights on that reflects up inside the instrument binnacle!!how pathetic are we!?!:D:D:D

Yeah I think that the seat at its lowest setting would take the reflection out of the road level eyeline range but as I say I 'prefer' a loftier more upright position (ooooooh missus :redface:).

Haven't really been anywhere to have the full beam on yet so haven't noticed your gripe (once its dark o'clock its past my bedtime....nursey comes and gives me my medication).

Yeah I know bitch bitch bitch but its usually the small annoying things in owning cars that start to get to you.

Chuckie

I Have It
Apr 22, 2006
South Lincolnshire
I have not noticed the reflection on the screen but then again I am a short a~$e and have the seat at its lowest setting (Thats 6 years with a Celica for you) but I agree the reflection on the log can be a pain.

As for the blue light on main beam the Leon is fine for me but on my wifes last car (Mazda 3) the whole of the binnacle lit up on the inside with a bright blue glow, and to make it worse it did not dim with the rest of the instruments. (She now has a Yaris & I havn't found anything to moan about on that (Yet))

whinge
whinge
whinge

Chris

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire

You must have a strange tape measure, think you mean 194cm :doh:

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
When on unlit roads at night, out of the corner of my eyes I can see the middle air vents floating around as i move my head (must be the slight glow of the silver dash).....

Hadnt noticed the other issues on this thread, BUT I DO NOW........lol

Mike
57FRTDi, Crono, BT, 18", Armrest, Alu Trim, Muddies and Mats......

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
How short must you people be?! Perhaps 1.94 cm was correct...

I have my seat very low but I have to really scrunch down in it to see any reflection from the dash (and even then it is the black soft touch plastic I see, not the silver binnacle) if I really huddle over I can see the blue light reflected...

Perhaps its the position of the s/w? I have mine so that the top of it is just in line with the top of the binnacle...

Are we driving the same cars?!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise