new bonnet!!

xjemmax

im really stuck and i was wondering if anyone could help me???

ive recently been given a seat ibiza for my first car, it was involved in a rather heavy smash and the front is well non-existant it needs a new front grill, bumper also a bonnet.
if anyone knows of any spares going then id really appreciate a reply its urgent.:cry:
please help.
jem x

xjemmax

hey,
thanks, sorry im a bit new to this ive just joined, cud u help me out and tell me where i would find tht fourm? and also how to add a picture to my profile?
thanks much appreciated.
jem x

xjemmax

its a 1994, yea i know its so hard and really frustrating!

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
So its a mk2 the same as mine, There are a few bonnets about but there usually quite a distance. Sods law :doh:

I ended up having mine repaired, not perfect but it will do.

Why not try and find some 96 gti bumpers while ur at it, they look so much better. Make sure there 96 as these will be a perfect fit

xjemmax

wkd thnks hun.x
one more thing lol how do i add an image to my profile? cheers for all the help ile strt looking. is it best just to keep calling my local salvage places?? and do i just say do u have any 96 gti bonnets i know it sounds silly but im not good with things like this lol...
jem x

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
the way things are is that theres many types of mk2 ibiza,
broken down its pre-facelift and facelift, but then in between changes things swapped over, yours is a pre-facelift but i guess at 96' there were facelift bumpers which fitted pre facelift cars...! confusing!?

facelift bumpers dont go straight onto a pre-facelift car, which is why youll have to get a specific 96 year cars bumpers.

they swapped frompre to post facelift in about 96-97 which is when the cars started appearing with different bumpers and odd bits here and there.

that may all be sh!t but im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

EDIT: to add a picture go:

USERCP - at the top of the page
EDIT AVATAR - on the left

Then upload a picture...
Youll probably have to resize and make it a smaller filesize

xjemmax

oh.. i think i get what ur saying, so this means its going to much harder than first anticipated to get a bumper and bonnet to fit my lil M reg?. grrr. what do u suggest i do?
jem x

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Just keep ringing round an have a look on ebay, you can have a bonnet of any model ibiza, there all the same. Aslong as its from a 93-99 car. You can also have one from an inca van or a cordoba (i think).

But you may want to make it look more modern with the gti bumpers. The Ibizas got a facelift in 97 and some bits were slightly changed, front wings, lights, grill, bumpers etc. Yours is a 94 so is one of the early ibzas with the half bumpers etc. I have a 96 gti which is basically the same as yours but i have got the improved full bumpers that were only put on the car for a short while up until the facelift. (hope that made sence)

A few pics of mine

000_0164.jpg

000_0161.jpg

xjemmax

thats such a nice car i hope mine looks half decent soon. lol. so just keep looking then? thanks for all the help. is it easy to mod our cars?
jem x

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Cheers :)

Theres a few kits out there, some people like them some dont. Im a big fan of keeping things simple. If i were you i would get the 96 gti front bumper (a cordoba bumper is the same i think), Any facelift rear bumper, the gti/cupra side skirts, a nice set of wheels and a good slamming ;)

xjemmax

its already slammed n ma allys are on just it cnt go ne where cus of the bumper n bonnet lol. thnks babe i will look on ebay n keep ringin round x

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.