ISO adapter for ALL facelift models ('04 onwards)

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ok just to help anyone out.....i have a mk4 57 plate 1.9 tdi FR (pd130) and have an alpine stero fitted with steering controls...originally bought the can-bus as that is what my audio centre said it was, but didnt not fit, so order the iso adaptor as found by nickyjam and it works fine!

got an aerial adaptor too....but doesnt work too good

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
I went for the Connects2 adaptor, and an Alpine lead for it, and it works perfectly with the steering wheel controls with my Alpine HU.

Got it from here;

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conn...-leon-altea-stalk-control-adaptor-p-9105.html

Just to update for anyones info :)

just to clarify, on my connects2 adapter there is thee spare wires with bullets on labled
handbrake
reverse
speedpulse

what are these and so i need to plug them into anything?

i also noticed you went for the CTSST002 (pre 2005) but your sig suggests you drive a 2007?? mines a 56 plate so I've just ordered the '001'? have a done wrong then? [:@]

Gaz13

Hi Guys,

This is my first thread, but I wanted to comment on this replacement HU thread. I have an 07 Ibiza Cupra with an after market Kenwood HU. I spent 20 minutes in the car last night removing the standard Alana HU and with the aid of the Connects2 unit (CTSST002) and the Kenwood specific adaptor managed to get my HU working. I have lost NONE of the controls, all still work perfectly for me. The biggest problem I had was trying to fit all the cables and ISO blocks in behind the HU. I left the HU in the original slot in the end, but as someone mentioned in a previous thread, there is a slight gap between the HU and tray below.

I hope this helps. I spent ages looking through all the threads to find the correct leads to order.

Gaz.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
just to clarify, on my connects2 adapter there is thee spare wires with bullets on labled
handbrake
reverse
speedpulse

what are these and so i need to plug them into anything?

i also noticed you went for the CTSST002 (pre 2005) but your sig suggests you drive a 2007?? mines a 56 plate so I've just ordered the '001'? have a done wrong then? [:@]

no you haven't gone wrong, those 3 extra are so you can manually tap into the car's loom to pick up those other features that may not come on some models (as the leads will work with VW, Audi, etc). By the sound of it you have a DVD hu adapter but should still work

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
This is my first thread, but I wanted to comment on this replacement HU thread. I have an 07 Ibiza Cupra with an after market Kenwood HU. I spent 20 minutes in the car last night removing the standard Alana HU and with the aid of the Connects2 unit (CTSST002) and the Kenwood specific adaptor managed to get my HU working. I have lost NONE of the controls, all still work perfectly for me. The biggest problem I had was trying to fit all the cables and ISO blocks in behind the HU. I left the HU in the original slot in the end, but as someone mentioned in a previous thread, there is a slight gap between the HU and tray below.

yes it is a tight fit but it IS still possible to fit all the wires in. basically you have to remove the stow tray so as you push it back you pull the wires either side at the back...there's also some pockets towards the top where the blocks can be shoved in to

JontyLad

More great info

I have only owned my 08 Ibiza 1.9 TDi FR for a few days now but have already found a wealth of info on this site. Granted that some info needs to be researched thoroughly before acting on it, that goes without saying unless the info is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to be 100% accurate. I still think this is the best forum I've joined so far and I'm looking forward to finding out a lot more about my new car.

I have followed the very informative flip key discussion and also this thread about the aftermarket options to retain steering wheel control on a 3rd party headunit.

I have opted for an Alpine CDA-9886r with the USB socket and iPod control (a must for me).

On the advice I've read here I have bought a Connects 2 CTSST002 and the Alpine patch lead to go with it from Dynamic Sounds LTD.

I pulled the factory Alana mp3 unit out of the dash to check the rear connections before making my purchase. I found that the Alana in mine had the 1 x large connector with the 2 x smaller connectors mounted directly below it, this also lead me to believe that the Connects 2 kit I ordered should be ok. Did I do the right thing in looking at the connectors on the rear of the stereo? I seemed to make sense with the fitting instructions on the Dynamic Sounds website. Time will tell eh!

The prices on their website were decent IMO.

Cheers,

Jon.

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
Know this is a ongoing thread but just to confirm after removing the std Alana unit from my 58Plate 1.9tdi Sportrider and checking the wiring (audio sites checker says CTSST001) they are wrong ! as already said we are not CAN-Bus with the quad lock connector

My car is one of the last MK4s and has the std black / brown radio connections + the wider black connector which is the wiring for the steering wheel connections. this connects as already pointed out to the correct connects2 CTSST002

Ac2709

Mar 31, 2011
Blackpool
Sorry to drag this back up guys. I have an 05 plate ibiza. The 'Connects 2 CTSST002' says on the website that it is only compatible upto 05.

Should it work? I have seen that some of you have used that with newer cars.

Adamroberts

Apr 9, 2011
Is there a definitive adaptor that works?

I have got a JVC kd avx 44 (DVD) head unit and I would like to fit it to the Ibiza and also retain the wheel controls!

Are the eBay leads any good?

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Got one of these baby's for my facelift and pioneer headunit, works

Only thing is sometimes when i press the volume it skips the track

Anybody else get this?

Secoatd

Hello friends!,'m Watching for my Ibiza Connects2 ctsst002 tdi 2005 ... someone has tested with a Clarion radio?
In DinamicSound ctsst002.2 sell, I imagine it would work just as well ... someone has lost some button?
regards

Secoatd

Curtiz, You will not have problems friend, many people have tried it and it works great with Alpine ... The problem I have it I do not know even one case that have tested Clarion. My radio is a Clarion DXZ788 RUSB.

regards

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.