flip key info thread

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
glad its all work nathwarr its pleasing when it all works for about 30 quid! went to dealers to pick my badge up today! asked for it last weekend got there today somone forgot to order it for me!!!!!!!! bad thing is ive given my vw badge away to bloke at work who has a vw flip key but no badge, so got another week to go with no badge at all on my key!

the vw one is the same as what they stick on the owners book

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
I'm so jealous! Still not recieved my key - good to know Timsons cut the blades though. What do you guys think about the whole "their all the same frequency" debate? At least either way I can amswer the question for those asking - and then try and source myself a 433 key!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
the info on the side of my original key is

hella434mhz008444008548

it has a large "c" and a large "e" and a large "!" in a circle, then it has 0678 then 5fa

hope that helps ya :)

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
interesting about this mhz stuff.....

doesn't matter what frequency still all works?

Thanks BJM (interesting acronymn to thank) for your thanks . . .

Yes funkyfin, go look at my posts earlier in the thread.

The remote frequencies are listed in a number of ways (433MHz, 434MHZ, 433.92MHz, 433.92-434.42MHz) but its semantics. All remotes in VW group cars use the same frequency regardless of what it says on the fob (may not be restricted to VWG cars). In fact this frequency is used over most of the world. Some countries in Asia and also Mexico use 315MHz but they are the exceptions.

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
so would my spare key with no remote have a immobliser glass tube in which i could remove and put into the new flip key and then just program the new key via the manual?

THerefore being left with a spare key which is a remote one and then the flip as my main key?

Going to check out keymans auction if so......

can't find a keyman ebayer.... is that definately the name ?... just want to make sure!!

Thanks to Spareman for the info and also BJM

Last edited:

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Thanks BJM (interesting acronymn to thank) for your thanks . . .

Yes funkyfin, go look at my posts earlier in the thread.

The remote frequencies are listed in a number of ways (433MHz, 434MHZ, 433.92MHz, 433.92-434.42MHz) but its semantics. All remotes in VW group cars use the same frequency regardless of what it says on the fob (may not be restricted to VWG cars). In fact this frequency is used over most of the world. Some countries in Asia and also Mexico use 315MHz but they are the exceptions.

So basically what you are saying is i cam buy off ebay any VW/SEAT remote with any frequency and it will be programmable!

Why on earth does everyone say you must get the same frequency key!!!!

I just sold a 434mhz one coz im holding out for a 433.92 one!!!!!!

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
so would my spare key with no remote have a immobliser glass tube in which i could remove and put into the new flip key and then just program the new key via the manual?

THerefore being left with a spare key which is a remote one and then the flip as my main key?

Going to check out keymans auction if so......

can't find a keyman ebayer.... is that definately the name ?... just want to make sure!!

Thanks to Spareman for the info and also BJM

Thats about the height of it mate - you would also need to get the flip key blank cut aswell. The sellers name is actually Keymanuk99

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK4-B...16QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do it - its well worth it, makes the car feel a bit more upmarket:cartman:

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
So basically what you are saying is i cam buy off ebay any VW/SEAT remote with any frequency and it will be programmable!

This was my exact querie when I was told about it. In order to check this when my new 434 key came I programmed it before getting it cut - and it 100% works. Plus the new VW flip keys all seem to be marked 434 which means you can get a newer, less worn one. The one I bought was brand new!

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
excellent....im looking for my seat ibiza mk3....

i already have a seat alhambra flip key which is the same frequency but i want to get another...

does the part number have to start the same? like HLO or anything like that?

Fin

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006

yes as long as its not 315MHz
no idea
oops

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
excellent....im looking for my seat ibiza mk3....

i already have a seat alhambra flip key which is the same frequency but i want to get another...

does the part number have to start the same? like HLO or anything like that?

Fin

Alhambra flip key comes as two parts, the remote fob (7M3 959 753) and the blade (7M7 837 246 INB). Remember you cannot order a blank key blade from SEAT UK, they will only supply a cut one.

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
just bought one myself from above link......will update once i get it see how i go........

thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
well my VW flipkey has worked 100% now for a few days but when I ordered the seat logo to stick on it I was told they are on back order with seat

anyone got a different part no that I can try to order

1MO 837 891A is the number I have on back order

thanks chaps

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
These new keys, do they come with a chip inside and is it this chip that is programmed to the car? Basically I have the remote key that came with my Ibiza but the spare is a non-remote one. Would my current remote one be useless if I was to get the flip-key?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members