Guide - Removing SAI, N249 & n112 valve

goodridge

You got four resistor's shown mate, what was the fourth plug, I am going to do my evap canister to

goodridge

Ok cool. I will get these ordered up and give it a go. My ECU doesn't seem happy with them all open circuit (mk2 Golf swap)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Damoegan let us know when you have the plugs. I want to do this but I want to plug the resistor properly into the N249 plug.

goodridge

Damoegan let us know when you have the plugs. I want to do this but I want to plug the resistor properly into the N249 plug.

These will be available for VAG, but a lot easier if you just get a part no. off the plug?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I don't think there will be a part number as it's going to be some type of spade, bullet connector that will fit the existing plug connector into the N249.

PS How do you remove the plug. There is a metal wire type clip around it that you can squeeze but mine seems solidly held. Do you just squeesze the two wire sides together and pull?.

goodridge

Oh yea I forgot its the old square type connectors sorry. Yea you just squeeze the wire side together and pull but sometimes they can be tight in which case you can easily take that wire bit off altogether, disconnect the plug then put it back on.

goodridge

I've got my resistors going to have a go at this this weekend, I'll post up how it goes...

goodridge

Just did this and my lambda control returned after not having it since my 20v into MK2 swap well chuffed :)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I'm about to do this mod tomorrow :D

Just one thing though... I've been using the following thread as a guide

http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42406

In this thread it says to use resistors that come to a value of 30-33 ohms, so I'm going to RS components tomorrow to pick up a bunch of 7w 220 Ohm resistors as suggested which comes to 31.43 Ohms when wired in parallel, and 49w so good heat dissipation.

How come you have used 330 Ohm resistors, and why only 10w? This seems way off what is suggested in the thread I linked to...

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=574341&postcount=49

Well in the linked post, the OP of the other thread I linked to suggests that 300 ohms is too much and the ECU will report a faulty N249? :confused:

I broke out the multimeter just now to test the valves and they measure 30 Ohms each. I've already been and bought 7w 220 ohm resistors to get roughly 30ohms so I'm not worried, I was just wondering how you came to decide on a single 330 ohm resistor.

You mentioned earlier in the thread that a code keeps coming up every now and then and you just clear it til the next time.. do you think this is anything to do with using such a high value resistor?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You mentioned earlier in the thread that a code keeps coming up every now and then and you just clear it til the next time.. do you think this is anything to do with using such a high value resistor?

I dont think so mate, I think moste people are using the 330 ohm resistors and some people get no code's and some people get the occational code (some more than others).

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I dont think so mate, I think moste people are using the 330 ohm resistors and some people get no code's and some people get the occational code (some more than others).

Swings and roundabouts I guess then :shrug:

Still, good guide, I found it very useful :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members