Egr delete with vag com..

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Does anyone know if it's possible to delete the egr using vag com?

I have the allard egr delete and want to get rid of the light on the dash.. There must be some way to do it surely..

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Actually I've just used VCDS to turn the EGR quantity down to minimum. The EGR valve is still in place.

Find out what fault code is stored and we can make a guess as to whether turning down the EGR in VCDS will help. Most of the references on the forum are from people who've had the EGR monitoring turned off as part of a remap.

cairns81

I went for the blanking plate with a hole to allow a little gas through, and had the expected flow turned down via the map.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Shite.... Wish I left the valve on now...

Hi mate, how'd you get on with this????? I fitted delete pipe to mine a couple of weeks ago and got the light on after about 10mins driving :cry:. Spoke to the guy who remapped mine and he says that he doubts it can be done on 2005 models!!!!!!!!! :censored:

By the way, love the look with the Porsche alloys

Last edited:

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Here you go mate

Also got around to turn down EGR with vagcom today. Altered channel 3 value from the stock 32xxx to the highest possible, 33638 was it?
MAF readings at idle went up to 446mg and the egr cycle down to 4.8% (about 50% at stock!).
Less smoke under load for sure, even felt a tad more responsive, but that could very well be my imagination though! :lol:

Read somewhere it might not pass emission test at MOT with this setting though

Last edited:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
poliq, the UK MOT only measures smoke emissions on diesel engines.

By turning down the EGR you are reducing your smoke emissions and increasing NOx. There is no test for NOx that can be applied cheaply enough to make it viable to test at MOT, and no requirement for NOx emissions on test, only that NOx reduction should be built in to the engine.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
poliq, the UK MOT only measures smoke emissions on diesel engines.

By turning down the EGR you are reducing your smoke emissions and increasing NOx. There is no test for NOx that can be applied cheaply enough to make it viable to test at MOT, and no requirement for NOx emissions on test, only that NOx reduction should be built in to the engine.

in other words, turning down EGR with vagcom is MOT-safe! [B)]

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Helps to stop the intake getting fudged up but tbh it takes like a 100,000 miles lol. I only did away with my egr because it was acting up.

Race pipe? More like poo pipe lol. I prefer to keep the asv if possible incase of turbo failure, you get seconds to shut the engine off or you have bent rods minimum.

Older tdi's were fine for just pulling the vac line off the egr and plugging or doing the simplified vac set up. You can see my egr is still in place but no vacuum pipe.

Cleanengine006.jpg

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Picked up new EGR inlet hose then removed the Allard delete pipe, refitted my cleaned EGR valve with new hose - had to revert back due to EML staying on and as mine is 55reg the light cannot be mapped out
Removed rocker cover breather pipe that routes into intake pipe and replaced with a bung, then routed a length of silicone hose from rocker cover down back of engine to atmosphere.
We'll see if this keeps the intake pipework/intercooler pipework oil-free and engine smoke free ;):shrug:

YTS

Jun 25, 2009
I had mine blocked up but the light came on so i took it out. As far as i know 2005 models cant have the egr mapped out which is a pain.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I think that'll depend on the ecu, I just loaded a map onto a guys 2004 passat that had his egr mapped out. I think yours probably can be done tbh, I don't think 2005 is to new.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Get me you ecu number and I'll ask my main man, if he says it can't then I'll be convinced lol

But yeh, get me your part number, I'm sure yours will be an EDC15 or 16 which can both be tampered with.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members