Door card removal guide...done in 2 minutes!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
1) There are 3 torx bolts at the bottom of the door card - undo these.

2) There are 2 big philips bolts behind the grab handle cover - undo these. On the drivers side they might be obscured by the electric window switch...pop this out upwards once you've undone the screws and disconnect the lead.

3) Undo all the clips around the door card by getting the bottom of the card and pulling it outwards. Take care with the clips, don't be too harsh with them!

4) Bash the door card from the bottom so that it comes apart from the window seal.

5) Undo the Door handle cable and the mirror adjuster lead.

6) Done!

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
It really is easy.

Just be careful when you finally release the card from the door, the wires behind are quite tight (especially the ones to the alarm LED by the locking pin). Don't yank it off too hard otherwise you could rip the wires out or break a connector.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Pics? No.

I've just done that so people don't ask me again. As Lee says, it's a piece of piss, and we both did it without any guides, etc.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Didn't mean to sound like an arse, just saying that it's such common sense, taking this guide out with you will make it even easier. :)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
1) There are lots of big round cap thingies underneath the rear bench and backrest...unscrew these with your fingers. I found it a lot easier by removing the rear bench, so do that!

2) Once these are all done, get the corner nearest the door and gently unpop the clips. Doing this too quickly will break the speaker grille.

3) Once you've got all these undone, pull card out and chuck outside.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Lots of solid foam around the wheel arch and a crap speaker installed by someone who's completely useless at using a rivet gun.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
toXXin said:
Lots of solid foam around the wheel arch and a crap speaker installed by someone who's completely useless at using a rivet gun.

young man - that was probably one of the fit young spanish totty working on the production line saving their precious hand strength for all the more entertaining chores :worship:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Fl@pper said:
young man - that was probably one of the fit young spanish totty working on the production line saving their precious hand strength for all the more entertaining chores :worship:

That makes me feel slightly reassured, yet slightly concerned!

My car was poorly assembled, so she could give good :w4nk:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
LOL

Apart from the foam around the arch, is there a fair amount of bare side panel that could benefit from some sound deadening ?

Angusrob

Jan 11, 2005
Tayside
Well I've just finished the Muddyboots / Toxin door treatment. On the passanger side door to get arid of that Vibration. Thanks Muddyboots for the "foam behind the window motor" tip. Not a rattle now!! Any volume and any base, no annoying vibrations or rattles, just get sound distortion .

For any one like me who thinks this sounds hard to do. Its really....really easy. Just follow these good folks guides and go slow. Should take approx.........2 min. lol (well at least the first time. 30 secs the second. one clip fell out and only noticed it after the card was back on, lol)

Think I might do the whole door in the dynamat if any one can tell me the cheapest place to buy it? And now of course I have to do the drivers side!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members