Mk4 Fmic

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
i believe the seat sport one is handy 4 u to install as u only need to change 2 pipes , tho u might need to cut a small section of ur standard bumper , try contacting ANTFR , he has done this mod already

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
seen that earlier is a big bugger 4 an ibiza , needs custom pipes , but yea judging by the logs it works , at the end of the day if u have money u can have anything fitted

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
seen that earlier is a big bugger 4 an ibiza , needs custom pipes , but yea judging by the logs it works , at the end of the day if u have money u can have anything fitted

Yeh - I personally like the stealth/OEM look. I've got someone who can do the pipework, its just dimensions and if it fits without cutting.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
well ur gonna be fitting a an IC built for a MK% golf onto an ibiza , best bet is to buy the MK$ cupra IC and brackets and get the pipes made in that case , least u know ur IC will be held firm n stable

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
How much would it cost for a local garage to fit it, as i'm seriously considering picking up one myself?

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
il fit it grant no probs , if u want to come to bangor on saturday ul see me in action doing andys , if ur at the meet in dundalk il give u a set of instructions from forge so u can see wat the craic is

grq

Giggity
Jun 9, 2005
Cheers, just with it now at £515 its a steal, and they are offering the black pipes :)

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
I've noticed that the cupra fmic is much bigger then the Forge one.

Could someone make a complete list of what parts you need for the conversion from a tdi130 smic to a cupra D fmic?

I have this picture from ETOS but do I need everything from this picture?

283783cupra_d_fmic_pic.jpg

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
The problem with the Seat FMIC is that you need to start cutting the rear of the bumper to get it to fit and I think you do need all those pipes which makes it more expensive than the Forge version. Despite it being smaller I discovered that there's no real performance hit so save your cash and get the Forge unit.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
mrcoyote said:
The problem with the Seat FMIC is that you need to start cutting the rear of the bumper to get it to fit and I think you do need all those pipes which makes it more expensive than the Forge version. Despite it being smaller I discovered that there's no real performance hit so save your cash and get the Forge unit.

If you need in fact all these parts then it will certainly be much more expensive,I've noticed the price of some parts and I must say that they're very expensive.
Cutting the bumper isn't that much of a problem I think if you do it carefully.

But if there's no difference in result between the cupra and the forge ic then i'll go for the forge.Well,it's not for the near future but someday I will place one.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
that look familiar, good to see it all went on, told ya it was easy once you had the bumper off

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members