MK4 Brake Upgrades

Triple D

You deffinately do not need spacers for 312's behind the standard wheels mate. IIRC i was the first one to stick them on the fr and they fitted a treat, and made them look huuuuuuuuuuuge ;)

Triple D

see here
100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

Sorry about the size :(

Triple D

Ibiza Evo 2 said:
Nice[B)] :drool:

No,he means spacers to put between the calipers and the carriers:confused:
ermm nope i never did with mine, and i havent had any problems with them in 15000 miles of motoring :D

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
spaniels fr said:
ermm nope i never did with mine, and i havent had any problems with them in 15000 miles of motoring :D

Hmm,I wonder then where he got that idea:think:
Maybe because he had a sport and not an FR:think:

Thx for the help;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
that's just wrong - if you spaced the calliper back, the disc would have to go 'back' as well, which it just can't

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
Dario said:
2:Ibiza Evo 2 : did you fit your brakes?

I haven't got my car back yet.It's at the tuner from last week and probably yet another week.The turbo arrived yesterday but my tuner is closed until wednesday.
As soon as i have my car back and have some time i will fit them.

Triple D

ah ha, hybrid turbo, is that the same as the allard garrett VT2 turbo? enjoy it anyways mate, its a right hoot :D

Triple D

Yep, looks the same, enjoy it mate, lets just hope you dont have 3 like i have :lol::cry:

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
spaniels fr said:
Yep, looks the same, enjoy it mate, lets just hope you dont have 3 like i have :lol::cry:

Let's pray for the turbo god:D that it stays in one piece.
I'm confident in it...otherwise there is still something like guarantee:)

ibizajoe79

brakes

hi
im just woundering has anyone considered doing a 312mm upgrade
to a 1.4 if so whats needed, please help im gessin pd 130 huds, tt brakes etc

will the 1.4 brakes fit a 1.2 their all mk4:help:

cheers joe

gazjones

you need the hubs yes and prob 16inch wheel minimum to clear the caliper i would say the 288mm would be better and cheaper if you were doing this as a few people may have the 288mm disks and caliper lying around from upgrading to the 312mm
but with the power the 1.4 puts out your never going to need the stopping power of the 312mm i dont think

ibizajoe79

hi
forgot to mention have played with the car a little few minor changes started life as a 1.4 sport with 100bhp now has 120bhp lookin for more and its clad with milla migila ht3's in 7x17, the 1.2 is only a shell been built at the moment for motorsport rallycross to be exact, trying to use as much standard parts as i can(seat vw audi skoda)

joe

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.