Seat Altea 2.0tdi 2007 BKD - Which fuel filter?

Karganeth

May 1, 2016
Hello Seaters

I'm looking to replace the fuel filter since it appears the one in the car has been since the very beginning. Though now im in a bit of a pickle as to which fuel filter to pick?

Can anyone recommend me one? I can't afford to put down £30 for a genuine Volkswagen part so looking for the next best. I've found a Bosch part (Bosch 1457070008) for roughly £13. It's all very confusing because the dimensions on a lot of them are different yet they all appear to say they will work.

Can anyone clarify things for me?

Greegiecee

Loving my SEATs
Oct 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
I've just replace mine a few weeks back. I've replaced hundreds of fuel filters in my life, but this is by far the most ridiculous. There are 3 different types of fuel filters. Mine uses part number 1K0127434A. But the easiest way to check is to look at the filter housing, get the part number of the housing and then search for filters that fit that housing.
The worst part of changing the filter on these cars is that the pump needs priming afterwards which can only be done using VCDS. I don't have that and landed up having to get someone to spray quickstart down the air pipe just to get it running! Good luck!

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
When i change my fuel filters i clean out the housing with some kitchen roll and have some clean diesel ready to fill it prior to replacing the filter. Good to go, no need to prime.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.