Nubie purchases Freetrack

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
Hello all, I'm kinda a newbie as Im sure I was registered on here a few years back, but have lost track. Anyway 6 yrs of Alhambra ownership see's me looking to purchase a Freetrack (TDi). I have read a few of the posts on mods etc, but most seem to be TFSi models, so would love to hear of any TDi models about.

Early plans were to buy a petrol model, but road tax and commuting costs pushed it out of reach, plus they're like hens teeth to find a nice one, the last 2 i looked at one stunk of dog and was a bit scruffy, while the other was showing signs of its high milage.

Going to view an other today, fingers crossed??

A-Spot

Old Newbie
Sep 27, 2017
I can confirm that i bought my first Freetrack and I'm well pleased with it. It's a diesel so ideas of 300bhp sleeper are not on the cards. 168Tdi unit seems to punch well, all be it in short burst, not as flat as my old A3 tdi Quattro or as economical . I'm surprised how firm a ride it is too, having driven a Tfsi last week which did seem a bit of a softer ride.
Prior to buying I had ideas of lowering and fitting larger wheels, but I'm not so sure now, certainly don't want bigger rims on std springs, more reading up needed.
Not sure how to get the rear DVD screen going, is there supposed to be anything in center console arm rest to run it, I'm wondering if it's an option that the first owner didn't spec?
Will update with some pics in the pic thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members