LCR or FR+ ??

Ellisium

Have been looking at the LCR for a while now and as my car is starting to show its age I have begun to seriously look at my options.

Originally I intended to get a LCR but last year I came across the FR+ diesel (cupra R kit) and so would like some opinions on the pros and cons of each model (handling & performance)

The sensible option would be to get the FR+ especially with the way petrol prices are going, but the LCR is often cheaper.

So, what would you say are the main performance differences between the LCR and an FR+ as the LCR has more bhp but the torque is obviously better on a diesel and so better for everyday driving.

I have done a little search, but would like various opinions.

Cheers

Ellisium

So that's 2 "unbiased" votes for the LCR then :eek: )

Anymore?

Is there much difference with the interior e.g. Recaro

ajoellew

Oct 24, 2006
Bristol
For me it would really depend on my annual mileage. You will have more fun in an LCR, its a much more powerful car. However the FR is still prety swift and you will spend a lot less time at the pumps.

I only do about 6,000 miles a year though so its an LCR all the way.

Al_G

Jan 12, 2006
Manchester
V-Pwoer cost me 110.9 this morning in Manchester....

Based on the price of petrol I'd go for a FR+ lol

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Fr+ gets my vote, with a remap you'll look around 185bhp, with the styling of the Cupra R, but with £115 a year tax, cheap insurance, and lots of torque. The handling on the FR+ is amazing.... lets not deny the Cupra R is an awesome car, specially when modified...

FR+ if you want an economical, but still fun to drive, car, with looks to boot.

Cupra R if running cost are no object and you want something powerful....

(I came from an IHI Ibiza to the Leon FR+, and I can still have fun in the Leon....)

Mike

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
I have just SOLD my LCR after 8 months of ownership!!! It went on Saturday!

I now have an FR+. The LCR was much more powerful (was mapped to about 285bhp) and the FR+ ive bought is also mapped.... but it is at lot slower.....but hell it is cheaper to run!!!

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I'd be tempted by the FR+ for sure. The LCR is undoubtedly a great car, but i've been swayed by the Derv's now, and a mapped FR+ will go like an absolute ba***rd and cost half as much to run!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.