New Cupra or an Old LCR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Hi All,
Have been away for a couple of years, I used to have a LCR MY03 and had to sell it due to distance each week.
The time has come, as will have some extra money in a few weeks to go back to a nice car.
Few Questions:
Is the new Cupra much better than a LCR? and why?
Imho the LCR looks so much better than the Cupra and I do not like the aero kitted K1

Has anybody got a dark grey cupra? can't seem to find any pics of one?

Is the cupra better than the Civic Type R GT, as the better half likes these and the local stealers has a year old one, 8k miles for for £16k?

Has anybody got a platinum late 55/56 LCR, low milage in mint condtion which they will be selling in 3 to 4 weeks?:drool:

Many thanks for an advice

Cheers
Kev

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Here's my Zenith grey Cupra,
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129426&page=5

Ok it's better than the LCR in 2 major ways, 1: Handling, change the standard rubber and the thing sticks like the proverbial to the blanket, 2: performance potential, mine made 310bhp, 394 ftlbs torque with a Revo remap, exhaust and dbilas intake, eats R-types, ford Asbos, scoobies and most early M3's for breakfast, if it's the new R-type, avoid, horrible understeer, horrible looks and a damn uncomfortable ride...

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Here's my Zenith grey Cupra,
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129426&page=5

Ok it's better than the LCR in 2 major ways, 1: Handling, change the standard rubber and the thing sticks like the proverbial to the blanket, 2: performance potential, mine made 310bhp, 394 ftlbs torque with a Revo remap, exhaust and dbilas intake, eats R-types, ford Asbos, scoobies and most early M3's for breakfast, if it's the new R-type, avoid, horrible understeer, horrible looks and a damn uncomfortable ride...

what?...394 lbs/ft?....u sure?

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Here's the proof
SCAN0001.jpg

Number 5 in Awesome's Seat charts...

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
Just to throw a cat among the pigeons here, if you don't like the looks of the new cupra then perhaps go with what you feel more comfortable. There's a selling section on here somewhere.

Or using google:
http://www.compucars.co.uk/vehicle-details.asp?make=63&model=364&rsPage=5&vehicle=569064&Distance=-1

On the other hand the new body shape leon grows on you like a benign fungus. I didn't like it when it first came out. Take the time to have a look at one up close, test drive and appreciate it for the outstanding piece of kit that it is.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Having owned both cars I rate the Mk2 Cupra above the Cupra R. Equipment spec, handling, performance all swing towards the Mk2. Take nothing away from the Cupra R, its a great car and i loved mine to bits.

But if i was given the choice, the Mk2 would be the one i couldn't do without.

and looks? Well personally looks are purely subjective... you either like it or you don't!

But a Mk2 Leon is no ugly sister...

main.php

Not to mention they are pretty tunable as Igor demonstrated, and i'll support.

main.php

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Having owned both cars I rate the Mk2 Cupra above the Cupra R. Equipment spec, handling, performance all swing towards the Mk2. Take nothing away from the Cupra R, its a great car and i loved mine to bits.

But if i was given the choice, the Mk2 would be the one i couldn't do without.

and looks? Well personally looks are purely subjective... you either like it or you don't!

But a Mk2 Leon is no ugly sister...

main.php

Not to mention they are pretty tunable as Igor demonstrated, and i'll support.

main.php

Thats one very clean Cupra Zboyd, looks very nice[B)]

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I love the LCR, but echo the comments made above. My last car was not an LCR, but instead was a 2004 Toledo 1.8T tuned to beat most tuned LCR's.

However, as nice and good as an LCR is, the LC is superior in most ways. Also, if you put a standard LCR on a 1/4 mile strip against a standard new LC, this is what happens;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfdtKQLkgE

And the MK2 Cupra looks good too - I never added the Aero bumpers as I dislike them the same as you appear to :)

6612271234.jpg

6612271394.jpg

6612271396.jpg

6612271231.jpg

6612271244.jpg

And yes, they have been known to smoke Asbo's, VXR's, Subarus and the likes. Underestimate them at your peril and think about the fact you need a GT28 on an LCR to match the performance of a well mapped and modified MK2 LC with its standard turbo.

Last edited:

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Djhorace, thanks for the info, your red one looks really nice, alot better with out that aero kit, are the side skirts standard?
Igor23 thanks for the link to you Grey one, thats the first pics of one I have seen, I had a platinum LCR before and like Grey, the only trouble is the stealer phoned Seat yesterday to find out availablity of a Zenith Grey one, only to be told, none left and that Zenith has now been replaced by 'Urano Grey', has anybody seen this yet?

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Djhorace, thanks for the info, your red one looks really nice, alot better with out that aero kit, are the side skirts standard?
Igor23 thanks for the link to you Grey one, thats the first pics of one I have seen, I had a platinum LCR before and like Grey, the only trouble is the stealer phoned Seat yesterday to find out availablity of a Zenith Grey one, only to be told, none left and that Zenith has now been replaced by 'Urano Grey', has anybody seen this yet?

Urinal grey, ugh :D

According to the Seat website configurator Zenith Grey is still available...

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well being a current LCR i might have a different view to the rest of the MK2 owners here.

The LCr is the far better looking car, TBH I didn't like the look of the MK2 but now its growing on me, I've seen DJHoraces one in the skin and its VERY nice.
AND I'm sorry to say it but given the choice for similar money with a modding head on.....................................................................
I'd go for the MK2 Cupra.
I find it very difficult to believe that a MK2 managed 400 ft-lbs with a generic remap, very difficult to believe.
I know a guy who have the same remap and it made 300 ft-lbs, so no way the same map would differ by 100 ft-lbs

Go for the MK2 dude you won't regret it

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
One thing to consider,new cupra never will look as hard or as good as LCR no matter how hard it tries.LCR is **** hot in the looks department.

Igor23

Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Well being a current LCR i might have a different view to the rest of the MK2 owners here.

The LCr is the far better looking car, TBH I didn't like the look of the MK2 but now its growing on me, I've seen DJHoraces one in the skin and its VERY nice.
AND I'm sorry to say it but given the choice for similar money with a modding head on.....................................................................
I'd go for the MK2 Cupra.
I find it very difficult to believe that a MK2 managed 400 ft-lbs with a generic remap, very difficult to believe.
I know a guy who have the same remap and it made 300 ft-lbs, so no way the same map would differ by 100 ft-lbs

Go for the MK2 dude you won't regret it

It's not just the remap, it's the 3" dp/cat, and Dbilas CAI as well... and I had tweaked the map with my SPS3, anyhoo I'm running stage 2 code now :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.