joe's toledo mk2

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
thats gear knob looks the part would love one that lights up green

yer they do all diferent colours and pattens you can even have your own design or name, search e bay for ''lightshift'' i went for red to match the dash and a simple design however i did consider having ''joe'' on there as i allways forget my name when the officer asks, god bless jack danials!!!:lol:

ps before i get slated i in no way suport drink driving and the views are ment in jest for comedy value only and think that the police should focus more on this kind of activity and less on victimising people who spend time and money on loving there cars

o and i hate the prius.

and sweed.

ok im done

:wtf::shrug:

Last edited:

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
rims

Sigpic.jpg

wow you out there with that wheel colour!
i like it alot i want to take the p**s and sticker bomb the wheels on mine before i get round to swaping them and then keep em for winter, not sure if i'll look like a d**k head though?
i'm still not sure what rims yet thease are two i like.
what do people think?

350571271349_1.jpg

140CAHP8CRX.jpg

jonnywright

yer they do all diferent colours and pattens you can even have your own design or name, search e bay for ''lightshift'' i went for red to match the dash and a simple design however i did consider having ''joe'' on there as i allways forget my name when the officer asks, god bless jack danials!!!:lol:

ps before i get slated i in no way suport drink driving and the views are ment in jest for comedy value only and think that the police should focus more on this kind of activity and less on victimising people who spend time and money on loving there cars

o and i hate the prius.

and sweed.

ok im done

:wtf::shrug:

cheers mate hope to get the interior done in the summer trying to get outside done atm :)
and aww ur a funny lad

jonnywright

Cheers mate :D I appreciate that! :)

Why dont you go for CupraR wheels? I know its not thinking outside of the box, but they do look bloodygood ;)

ya i got give it to this man cupra r's are deadly but hard to come by thats the ones i want :funk:[B)]

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
my first thought was the r wheels but quite fancy a bit of a dish to them on this motor think the car would were them well.

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
update and guide- alarm led swap.

ok been on about this in the leon mk1 section so as promised here is my guide with pics for swaping the led in the drivers door that flashes when the alarm is armed.

tools needed:
posidrive screwdriver
torx screw driver (don't know the size it for removing the door card bolts)
side cutters
electrical tape

parts needed
two electrical conectors
one 3mm led (colour is up to you)
1 cable tie
and a dab of super glue

time taken = 1/2 hour with tea

ok this is what were working on to save any confusion
SDC10583-1.jpg

the first thing to do is remove your door card (there is a guide on scn(but i'm sure we all know how to do this from fixing leeks)) there is no need to remove it fully just enough to unclip the wire conection to the led, once uncliped push the led part out of the door card and pull the wire through and yes the conection will fit through the hole with a bit of fiddling.
this is what you should have

SDC10584.jpg

right the led is mounted in the casing with a resin so your going to have to brake the plastic apart until the resin and led pull out.(scary)

SDC10586.jpg

SDC10585.jpg

SDC10587.jpg

once removed you will have this
SDC10587.jpg

and the black plastic surround with a small hole through it.

next take your new led- i found a white one in some old bits n bobs box in the shed it a 3mm pre wired with a built in resister for 12v dc. note that the wires on it are black and white not red and black.

SDC10588.jpg

take the old led the one with the resin and snip off the wires as close to the resin as posible
strip the wires back and conect to the new led i used some crimp conections then taped them

SDC10589.jpg

SDC10590.jpg

SDC10592.jpg

wiring

the wiring is as folows this might be diferent on other cars:

purple with black tracer - live side of led
purple with brown tracer - ground of led

ok if you look at the led there is a lip put some super glue on this lip and place into the hole in the black plastic hold it secure till the glue takes.

SDC10593.jpg

now refit the cable through the hole in the door card and push the black plastic bit back in, i cable tied the wire on the back of the door card to stop it pulling next time i have the door card off

SDC10595.jpg

thats it put it all back together and get in the car lock it and admire your work.

SDC10597.jpg

thanks for watching thats all folks!!!

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
couple of bits

got my r vents fitted today and handbrake cover

SDC10611.jpg

SDC10612.jpg

i have also got the car booked in next week for window tints,
what colour/shade would suit the colour of my car best?

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Really like what you are doing with your Toledo, I had one back in 2002 and loved it.

I think the Cupra front bumper looks great, and the skirts would too - the problem I guess is the back. It looks a bit naff if they don't match.

Last edited:

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
new look s badge

got round to changing the big 's' again from this ''gash''

SDC10558.jpg

to this which look so much more nice, saw it like this on a pic on hear and coppied (sorry) but its been the most hated part of the car for a while now i had to do somthing with it

SDC10614.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.