My Dynamic Grey Cupra 280 :D

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
So for years I've been on this forum checking out everybody else's pride and joy and I've finally decided to bite the bullet and give a bit of information on the cars that I have had the pleasure of owning.

I thought it rude not to mention the first car I ever owned; a 2004 Renault Clio 1.2.
This car may have had less power than a fart after a curry; and may have had more understeer than Jenson Button after a night out, but it will always hold a special place in my heart as it was my first....you always remember your first ;)

So....where it all began:

aAJ17PP.jpg

Anyways after 2.5 years of ownership it was time for a change. I decided to enter the VAG stable and after some research on reasonably quick diesels I decided to go for the Mk2 FR TDI.

Here she is when I brought her home back in 2012:

WG4LTFg.jpg

This was the first car where I started to make changes to. The first upgrade was to get a stage 2 remap/DPF Delete....the car transformed :D The torque was unreal and it kept up with things it really shouldn't have. Anyways here are some pics of it throughout my time owning it....yes it really should have been lowered:

1KVgnwv.jpg

8tHQh5P.jpg.jpg

Loved the shine you got off a black car once it had been properly cleaned :D

4srxdxa.jpg

So I owned the FR for just over 2 years and then I changed to a MK3 FR 184 TDI in 2014. After owning the black car for so long it took me a while to get won over by the 184. It obviously lacked the power and torque of the remapped PD, but it certainly handled so much better. It also had a much better interior....I did prefer the seats of the older car though.

Here's the two cars when I picked her up at the dealership:

DkbFze1.jpg

eIYyfOe.jpg

Wk5mgi2.jpg

And when I got her home:
VkkM2bN.jpg

Some new boots and a spring clean:

AyPU3L8.jpg

mLPzdRP.jpg

New wind deflectors and the front grille eventually was wrapped to make the car look a lot meaner.....shame they didn't come like this standard:

EHsr09k.jpg

4FlU1sv.jpg

The interior also got some TLC too:

CMiUdTM.jpg

After a while I finally got round to getting a spoiler. To make things more unique I had it sprayed gloss black and also had the mirrors done too. Last year I also bought a new set of wheels for it...this time 18" BBS SR's. This was how the car looked just before I changed to the 280:

bsFkZCo.jpg

MXHGz2h.jpg

TFn4qgB.jpg

....for all the eagle-eyed people on this forum I ran out of tyre slick :p

Now finally onto the Cupra :D
I got a very good deal on the Cupra so I couldn't turn it down.
In contrast between this car and the FR it really is a level above. The car feels more planted in the corners and it is soooo much quicker :D I opted for the DSG version and it comes with a panoramic sunroof, winter pack, leather pack and a guaranteed smile when you put your right foot down.
This is the first DSG car I have owned and I love it. Gear changes are smooth and the system is pretty responsive for when you want to use the paddles. DCC works well too - i leave it in comfort most of the time and I have no complaints with the ride quality...cupra mode is where this car comes alive: steering is very precise and the diff on this thing is fantastic!! Anyway onto the pics, that's what you want to see"

When I got her home...was a lovely day:

BlLZRHM.jpg

MZqNhKL.jpg

You'll notice a lack of 19" wheels....the reason for that was because I liked the BBS' that much that I couldn't part with them. I also thought they would stand our crappy winter roads better than the diamond-cut cupra wheels...it also makes her a little different which is always nice.

First port of call was to get the wind deflectors, dash cam and boot liner into her from the FR:
34bWnWe.jpg

OJPwpdq.jpg

Next was an order off Dave at SERE - some fan washer jets and the rear boot fins which are standard on the 290's...
nSqjtY6.jpg

She was left liked this for a couple of months as I had other financial commitments and I'm not in a mad rush to do things to her.
Next upgrade was to get the front grille sprayed and to get the Triple R splitter fitted which had been lying about for some time.

9adKeiL.jpg

I had been thinking about changing the registration on her and decided to go with this: I also de-badged the boot and bought some plate surrounds off AwesomeGTI....this is pretty much how the car looks at present:
HyjpNTn.jpg

tl9IzZF.jpg

sIn7qo3.jpg

kViv84t.jpg

sUvn4TD.jpg

UiLToGC.jpg

ZRlKZ6q.jpg

I've a lot more planned for this car; both in terms of performance and aesthetic apparel, so I will try to keep this page as up to date as I can.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look at my thread. :)

May as well keep everyone up to date on how the mods are coming along for project budget ClubSport S: ;)

Pending:
Hardwire dashcam into fuse box
ECU Remap - Up to Stage 3 someday
TCU Remap - DSG
Bucket Seats - Sale agreed
Rear Seat Brace by Unibrace
Remove rear seats
Custom Steering Wheel
Alcantara Dash plus carpet
Carbon Fibre Bits - Interior/Engine Bay
Revo or Super Pro Engine Mounts
Turbo - TTE470 or TTE520
Audio Upgrade
APR DSG Upgrade Package - if necessary
Show and Track Wheels
Turbo Outlet/Throtte Body/ **** Delete/turbo blanket
Low Pressure Fuelling System
Forged Rods
Forged Pistons
Forged Valve Springs
Head Stud Kit
Wishbone Kit Super Pro
Wagner Intercooler
BCS 100 cell Downpipe
Revo or Super Pro Engine Mounts
VWR Oil Mgt System
RS7 Spark Plugs
Universal Oil Cooler
Boot gas struts
OBD Eleven
Cree LED reverse and indicator bulbs

Project Clubsport S - Completed:

Personalised License Plate
VWR R600 Intake
TT Inlet Pipe
Custom Side Skirt extensions
Respray Diffuser and Valance
BBS SR Alloys
VWR Lowering Springs
License Plate Holders
Climair Wind Deflectors
Boot Side Spoilers
Maxton Spoiler Cap
Rear Wiper Delete
Front Brake Discs
Front Pads
Braided Hoses
Rear Brake Discs
Rear Brake Pads
TRC Splitter
Window Tints plus Sunstrip
Tinted lights
Respray Front Bumper and Splitter
BCS Catback

Last edited:

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Since my last entry I have made a few modifications to the car so I thought I should update this.

First of all the car is now lowered on VWR springs. I really rate these springs as they still give an OEM feel to the car, but they do help improve the handling when driven with vigor. I also tinted the rear windows and the lights; not everyone's style but i really like the look of it.

X6PrJpM.jpg

fcRVppT.jpg

WlM5epn.jpg

The car was then sent to the body shop to get the rear valance sprayed gloss black. I have also added a rear spoiler extension cap from Maxton tuning.

Here's how the car currently looks:

Xftkr3c.jpg

HZn2DsR.jpg

hM7Kz3Q.jpg

O8yCkjB.jpg

LFDAYqF.jpg

Thanks again for looking :).

Last edited:

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Another quick update. BCS powervalve catback system ordered :D now for a 4 week wait :cry:

aaaa_kk

Nov 19, 2016
Crawley, West Sussex
I'm thinking of doing very similar things to my cupra! It's good to see how it looks with the black grills and maxton spoiler cap. I've also got a bcs powervalve cat back on order, another week wait for me though so I've been waiting 5 weeks :( Can't wait to get it!
Your cupra looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bega

Oct 13, 2016
You are really giving love to this car :)

like yours registration plate :D

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
I'm thinking of doing very similar things to my cupra! It's good to see how it looks with the black grills and maxton spoiler cap. I've also got a bcs powervalve cat back on order, another week wait for me though so I've been waiting 5 weeks :( Can't wait to get it!
Your cupra looks great!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed when you get it installed on the car, I've heard very good tings about these systems. :D Thanks very much :)

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Been a busy week with the car this week, ran her on the dyno today and got the following:

GjDWOpI.jpg

287.5 hp at the flywheel; no idea what the correction factor is or how to work it out, and 268lb/ft torque.
Both are up from the factory quote so l'm happy enough :) Hopefully by the time next year crops up it'll have a few extra ponies at her disposal :D

Last edited:

ROBHIG

May 13, 2017
Hi
Do you know where I can get a repair manual without paying out too much cash for a Toledo mk4 year 2013

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Since my last entry I have made a few modifications to the car so I thought I should update this.

First of all the car is now lowered on VWR springs. I really rate these springs as they still give an OEM feel to the car, but they do help improve the handling when driven with vigor. I also tinted the rear windows and the lights; not everyone's style but i really like the look of it.

DSC_0339_zpsycdhghaj.jpg

DSC_0320_zpsmf6mbm14.jpg

The car was then sent to the body shop to get the rear valance sprayed gloss black. I have also added a rear spoiler extension cap from Maxton tuning.

Here's how the car currently looks:

DSC_0206_zpskc7iztjf.jpg

DSC_0215_zps97fhnex2.jpg

DSC_0356_zpsgncnrptn.jpg

DSC_0366_zpsywjynp56.jpg

DSC_0429_zps5ez9p0ez.jpg

Thanks again for looking :).

Good looking car mate and love those wheels- really suit the Cupra.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise