Dpf

Stujoed

Jul 28, 2017
Driving car (57 plate Aleta xl 170bhp done 101k miles) home tonight and pic of exhaust looking filter came on on dashboard and was coloured orange. Went off about 10 miles later. Bit of quick research says this was dpf filter cleaning/emptying itself.

What do I need to do next? Is it now sorted? Will this happen again? Will the dpf need replacing soon (looks pricey)?

Any advice greatfully received

Thanks.

buckshot

Dec 13, 2012
Lincolnshire
Are you sure it's got a DPF? i was going to get mine removed/deleted on my 07 2.0 tdi Altea but on inspection it didn't have one!

drummer.gavin

Feb 11, 2009
Dublin
Driving car (57 plate Aleta xl 170bhp done 101k miles) home tonight and pic of exhaust looking filter came on on dashboard and was coloured orange. Went off about 10 miles later. Bit of quick research says this was dpf filter cleaning/emptying itself.

What do I need to do next? Is it now sorted? Will this happen again? Will the dpf need replacing soon (looks pricey)?

Any advice greatfully received

Thanks.

Late getting to you, there is a chance it can go again, they only have a shelf life. You will know the DPF is trying to clear itself when you hear a puring bassy note coming from the exhaust or the car starts to high idle in traffic. To help it along give it a good blast in 4th gear at 2500 revs for about 15-20 minutes and this helps them along.
In 2007 this was new technology and here we are 10 years later and they've still not perfected it but with that said driving styles and servicing are a big part of it. Use the correct oil in servicing.
In the UK a visual inspection is done on cars that are supposed to have DPF's fitted during the MOT and as far as I know if there is a through pipe fitted that is a fail.
Find someone who will remove the inside filter and re-fit the box that way it is still present for the visual. Once your timing is right you will have little smoke. I'm in Ireland and had it done in 2013 and the car is going like a peach with double the mileage of yours!!! 330,000kms and still going strong!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.