Altea purchase

Dartmoorchilli

So I've bought a replacement chilli wagon. My old Honda had done 300000 miles and was starting to rust quite badly.

The Altea is a 1.9TDI rather than the 2l. The dpf filter put me off. It's a 2009 car with 72k and was around 3200 which is the best I could find in Devon and is totally immaculate.

I really like the Altea. The front is much nicer than the Golf plus which was another car I looked it.

The only thing I really don't like about the Altea is the pathetic reversing light. I've had to resort to reversing with rear fog lights on ...providing no-one behind me.

I was wondering if anyone had maybe upgraded the reversing light. It looks like there is just a single bulb in one side but the location means you can't see much on wet dark nights! The Honda had excellent reversing lights.

Alternatively can you change the bulb for an LED one? Which might be brighter perhaps

Finally do all Seats have this problem? I liked the Leon 2l petrol but my wife talked me out of it in preference for much better mpg.

Thanks

Phil

robbo990

Jan 6, 2016
An LED bulb would trigger the Bulb Out Warning Light as the voltage isn't the same.

You could fit an aftermarket external reverse light to a relay connected to the existing reverse light and a 12v unmonitored feed, but not sure how it would look.

I have a 2008 Altea XL and fortunately the reverse light is better than the non XL version.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159016

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise