Pre-Cupra ST owner

femman

Aug 3, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am new to the forum (and have already made my first mistake posting this elsewhere instead of making an introduction here) and pre-new to the Cupra live.

I am thinking about getting a Cupra ST 280 but I am a little bit worried about ride comfort with the 19'' wheels.

Questions for the owners:

1) How does the car ride in comfort mode, I know it might be difficult to describe, feel free to compare to other cars, I have now a Toyota Auris for reference :( (drive Mitsu ASX from time to time).

2) Does anybody know the smallest wheel size that can be used with the car? for instance will it fit 17''?

Thank you very much in advance.

PD. Yes I am old, married and with children that is why I ask about ride comfort :)

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome to SCN, I too am old and regularly take my grand kids in the car, the ride on the 19's in comfort mode is fine, in fact even in Cupra mode it is less hard than any of the Biza Cupras I had, and they had no mode changes available. I remember getting back into my Biza Cupra twincharger after testing a 280, and it felt like a go kart it was so hard in comparison. The car does get swapped to 18's by some, but it does look better with the 19's, think 17's would look really bad.

Last edited:

femman

Aug 3, 2015
Thanks Seastormer,

Yes, I imagined look wise 17'' are not going to be the best, just wanted to know the minimum needed to clear the brake pads. (got I nice reply from Fmxvxx) I need at least 18'' to clear the standard brakes and 19'' if sub8 performance pack is included.

Regards, Femman

PD. I ''just'' 40, the old remark is because to my kids(4-2) that is almost infinity and I imagined Cupra brand is aimed to 20-30s

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.