Goodyear F1's GSD3 versus Toyo T1R's

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
I am after people opinions who have tried the above tyres.

My Ibiza Cupra is due for 4 new tyres next month and I want to know if the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 (£63.60 ea) is worth buying over the Toyo T1R (£45.00ea). Prices from mytyres.co.uk.

I have only had the car for about 4 months and one axle has Toyo T1S and the other has Continental Contisports. I originally had the T1S's on the front and when using full throttle in first the car stayed straight and true. I then swapped these to the back and put the Conti's on the front.
The Continental's cannot handle full throttle in first very well, they tend to pull the wheel from one side to the other. The Toyos never did this.

Please let me know what tyres you prefer.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
T1-R's arent as good as the t1-s's were imo. They wear longer but the grip seems no where near as good! Think i'll be trying the GDS3's next.

Deebo

Jan 25, 2004
Wednesbury
Visit site
Had T1-S's on my GTi6 and they were impressive, came with loads of tread too. I've now got GSD3's on my Bora Sport and they stick like sh** to a blanket. Heard they are terrible in the snow though, got my old 16"s ready just in case!

T1-S's are grippier than T1-R's but they do wear quicker.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
I had F1's on the TDi 16's but when the 17's went on I had T1R's fitted(cost)

IMHO I can't say there is much difference in normal driving ;)

If your going to driving very hard then maybe the F1's could have a slight edge?

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
went for the toyo as a change as i didn't think F1's were that good really, but i underestimated them i hate the toyo's compared to f1's

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Thanks, F1s it is then.
I had 4 new F1 GSD2's fitted to my 106 GTi when I had it and they were really good, never tried the GDS3's though as they don't make them for roller skates.

gazjones

peter ive got t1r's on mine and they handel very well really grip and pull you out of corners but the f1's might be bit better wear rate though!

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
GSD3's are my choice, but, I can also confirm that they are absolutely shite in the snow. Was up in the yorkshire dales last year and were caught out by heavy snow in April. I was embarassed by not being able to get up a hill in my weighty V5 while most cars, while losing a bit of grip, proceeded to overtake. I had to reverse and wait until the gritters had been out.:hide:

Obvioulsy the tread pattern grips the tarmac and sheds water superbly, but with no cross treads it doesn't help in getting up a snowy hill.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I have Toyo T1-R's on my Ibiza, and had T1-S's on my G40 I would say that they grip similarly good, but T1-R's are slightly better in the wet. Goodyear I know are good, but I would say Toyo's are better value for money.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.