Wiring guide!!

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
Hi all this is just a guide on how to wire up the autogauge boost and oil temp gauges!!

Right the boost goes like this...

The Red.. goes to the black/grey on the dimmer light side
The Black is the earth so put that to the brown
The orange gets tucked away
Then attach your boost pipe

The oil temp goes like this...

There are 6 wires in total so i'll start with the thicker bunch first

The red needs to goto the blue/grey and double it up with above
The black is again earth so this to brown and double it up with above
The orange again is not needed so put that away to

Now the thinner wires, these are the sender wires

The red is needing permanent power so put that to the black/red wire
The green goes to the sender for the oil temp, this will then attach to the white on the oil sender
The black again is earth so put that to the brown with the others

On the oil sender i had 2 wires white and black, the white goes to the gauge and the black needs to be earthed i just put this to a bolt in the engine bay

Hope this helps guys!!

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
can someone upload a pic of where the best place is to connect the boost pipe under the bonnet, i have no idea which pipe is which.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
T into the FPR

DSCF0316.jpg

Scruff

Mar 11, 2010
FPR Lee? Not to sound like a nonce but whats that stand for? I plumbed my boost guage into the vacuum hose from the recirc dv. Would it make and difference to do it to where you've shown?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Fuel Pressure Regulator easier to type FPR
It's been said before it can make a difference, makes it far neater when down on the fuel rail anyway.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Got a quick question the dimmer wire is this A permant live feed ie I can run a led off them and they will stay on all the time with ignition on? And also be able to dim it I have boost guage and oil temp but can't remember what's what

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Got a quick question the dimmer wire is this A permant live feed ie I can run a led off them and they will stay on all the time with ignition on? And also be able to dim it I have boost guage and oil temp but can't remember what's what
As long as the gauges dim down now, and you use the same feed be fine.

And Lee, very neat with the boost gauge line! :)

Ta, even neater now that was before the bypass too.

p77_macca

Just been reading through ALL the autogauge threads but can't find any info on the oil temp gauge I have got??
It only has 4 wires (purple, orange, yellow & black). The guide above is spot on for the 6 wire version but has anyone installed the 4 wire version? Which is the wire to the temp sender?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members