cambs
have done a search but cant find that more clearly

any pics of this would be grate

Last edited:

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
it replaces the black valve on tip (looks like a DV but not one)

so instead of it running to that, run it to the tank and put a filter on other side of tank and blank off the tip

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
yea i know that u have to block that bit off on the tip but where do the pipe from the catch tank go to?

like i said pics would be good

StanTheMan

Take off the mushroom you remove from the tip, and the pipe left goes into the tank.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
a frsh pic just taken

see tank in front of filter

Photo-0020.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
o right i thought that there were two hoses comein out of them

unless im blind n cant c that theres two

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
so basicly the one on the left into the tee thing lets call it and the other pipe basicly just vents ,is that right?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Bill's run's off the rocker cover:
new007mani-2.jpg

mine runs off both front breather block, no PCV fitted at all, no connection from inlet manifold to breather systen on mine. There's a T piece you cant see by cyl 3/4 which joins the pipe from the rocker cover.
my catch tank with filter breather also has drain pipe in its base back to sump. (SEAT Sport baffled sump)

made for me by Forge Motorsport

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
what is a pcv

will it be ok plumbed into the tee and the other one just venting

sorry bout all the ?s ant dont realy know much about these catch tanks n how they pipe in, but they r a very good idear because the last cupra i had when i fitted a TIP to it i noticed abit of oil n gunk n dont want this to happen to my new one so i have a catch tank on the way n just need a lil help on where to plumb it in

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
what is a pcv

The Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve (PCV) is an emissions control device that routes unburned crankcase blowby gases back into the intake manifold where they can be reburned. The PCV system is one of the oldest emission control devices, and also one of the most beneficial. Besides totally eliminating crankcase emissions as a source of air pollution, the constant recirculation of air through the crankcase helps remove moisture which otherwise would cause sludge to form. Thus the PCV valve extends the life of the oil and engine. The PCV valve requires little maintenance.

The PCV valve is the thing that looks a bit like a dv - plugged into your tip. Take off the PCV valve and connect the pipe it was on to the catch tank. Connect a small filter to the outlet on your catchtank (or connect to the TIP),

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.