Loops' Arosa

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I realised I've never actually put up a progress thread on the Arosa - so here it is, 3 years of ownership, condensed into two posts!

Day one - Small, standard, but MINE! :D

originalarosa.jpg

Some black steelies, GTI suspension, and dodgy rear lights. Oh yes, and please note the NURBURGRING sticker on the side window - we have done a lap ;) :

Side.jpg

Filth! Drove all the way to Germany with 4 people. luggage, christmas pressies and obligatory alcohol!

Germanwarpaint.jpg

Then we have a bit of a picture break, during which time we were rear ended by a van, repaired, hit a deer, did rather a lot of miles, and went off to Uni.

Then some bucket seats came up for sale - the purchase was made and in they went:

StrippedInterior.jpg

Next, some white wheels and driving lights:

current.jpg

Finally, after almost 2 years, we got coilovers! And a nice sunstrip - much better...

Arosawalesmeet.jpg

Next, after having a collision with a badger, it was new exhaust time. A little out of place, but I had plans. Note the change in rear lights, much improved:

Twins.jpg

Last edited:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Then, something very bad happened :( Don't take on lamposts, they win:

lampost-small.jpg

damage-small.jpg

But I wasn't letting my baby go, so it was into the bodyshop for repairs and improvements!:

6-twoarosas.jpg

And he reappeared a few weeks later looking lovely, and has stayed pretty much the same ever since, appart from the addition of mudflaps, a rear spoiler, some new stripes and the removal of the rear wiper!

LLCARSNICSAROSA.jpg

poste38Sidered.jpg

I also added a useful boot box, kept all my stuff tidied away at e38!:

Picture9.jpg

So there you have it - three years of ownership in two posts, and many more years to come, if I have anything to do with it! :D

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I like it with the coilies on, makes it easy to polish - it's the only car i don't need steps to reach the roof on :)

:lol: And there was me thinking it was just me !!!

Looks good as ever Nic and very shiny thanks to Pats elbow grease :D

Deleted member 13581

Minted, after seeing it in the flesh it looks cracking.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Thankyou everyone - glad you all like him :D

Not alot going to happen for a while now, as I have to get through another year at uni, get a job, and find my own place, so I expect most of my money will be going into that.

But I can't help spending a little bit on the car, so he will be getting some new wheels soon, once I get round to spraying them and getting some tyres fitted. And find a set for shows that I like. And a replacement front bumper section as it's damaged. And I want to wind down the coilovers a bit more.........

Last edited:

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
:-o I hadnt realised you had been so far with your car Nic, thats very cool!

And the NURBURGRING ring too, thats megga :lol:

Id love to do a long trip like to Germany or somewhere in my Aorsa, carnt see it happening though:(

Your car looked great at e38, definitely the best Mk1 around by far, IMO [B)]

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I have another update on the Arosa!

I got another piece of the black interior, so that replaced the original grey bit today, along with a new Lupo gearstick and gaitor, and handbrake cover:

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
I also gave him a good clean today, his first proper wash, polish and wax for months :redface: But he has come up lovely, so here are some photos:

DSCF1553.jpg

DSCF1554.jpg

DSCF1557.jpg

DSCF1558.jpg

DSCF1559.jpg

The obligatory 'Products-on-shiny-paint- shot:

DSCF1552.jpg

And a splat of bird poo that landed on the freshly waxed surface! Although note the excellent beading!

DSCF1551.jpg

And a nasty scratch that was self-inflicted while I was trying to get a bike in the boot - I will have to see if the bodyshop can do a cheap repair when he goes in for some front bumper work :(

DSCF1555.jpg

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
that looks top notch nic, you've done him proud. but will it still be clean for wednesdays MK meet?