How to replace indicator bulb

golfather1

Hi Guys

This is my first post
Can anyone please advice how to change front pasanger side indicator bulb in seat leon. its my Mrs car & i have no idea how to change it as its in very oakward postion do i have to take front head light out or take bumper off like golf mk4?:confused:

Please advice
Thank you for your help

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
No - the indicator bulb holder rotates 1/4 of turn then just pulls out - it shouldn't need any force. You'll need to remove the light cover, there's only 2 screws holding it on - once that's out you can reach it .... just :)

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
take the battery cover off as well it gives you more room to get hand to plug, make sure its not the contacts in the holder as they have a habit of bending back and breaking contact with bulb

Jayt

Oct 5, 2007
i had to get my six year old neice to do this as my hands were to big, why do they do silly things like this. mind you my fiesta was worse had to disconnect the battery everytime you needed to fit a new bulb.

golfather1

i had to get my six year old neice to do this as my hands were to big, why do they do silly things like this. mind you my fiesta was worse had to disconnect the battery everytime you needed to fit a new bulb.

You are right i think i have to ask my wife to do it her self LOL
i dont know why they make it like this, GOLF MK4's are worse you have to take front buper off to change bulbs :cry::cry:

Thank you for help guys i will try again

hollymcr

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, indicators now working again on my Toledo after much grief trying to manage without checking here first!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
You are right i think i have to ask my wife to do it her self LOL
i dont know why they make it like this, GOLF MK4's are worse you have to take front buper off to change bulbs :cry::cry:

Thank you for help guys i will try again

I seem to remember my mate said his Focus wasn't far from that, it was certainly nowhere near just reach behind and twist like any normal car!

Fadel

Dec 15, 2010
Nottingham
I've had a focus and a golf mk4 and don't understand how people can't change the bulbs without taking bits off? Focus was one of the easiest cars i've done and the golf was a little trickier but by no means a bumper off job.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
No need to remove anything, done mine plenty of times when I had my 1st Leon and now, both standard sets replaced with silvervisions but nothing ever removed..

Just get your hand in there and be prepared to get it scratched a bit.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
They are fiddly, but thumb on top at the end where the connector is forefinger underneath at the front where the bulb is and push down with thumb while twisting anti-clockwise about 35% then the holder pulls out.

I would say they were more difficult to get back on.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.