KO3S Whats true highest bhp figures ?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hi guys , post from time to time when i have a question and it so happens i have 1 now.
I have 03 cupra 180bhp with Revo map and want a little bit more power (doesnt everyone?) :D
So got the thought process going

Golf 1.8t KO3 Turbo (150 BHP FROM FACTORY) after Revo = 207 bhp

Leon 1.8t KO3S Turbo (180 BHP FROM FACTORY) after REVO = 207bhp

As i believe it the KO3S is bigger and can achieve higher BHP figures?

so if the ko3 on the golf can add 50 bhp after a remap can the ko3s do the same?
i had a look around the MKIV formums and found these threads with guys saying they achieving 230 bhp and higher no problem after they upgrade to a ko3s
Thread here : http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/738941.aspx

Just would like to know your thoughts before i pursue spending my hard earned :) and what are real figures that you could achieve to be reliable in the real world?

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
[QUOTE

Just would like to know your thoughts before i pursue spending my hard earned :) and what are real figures that you could achieve to be reliable in the real world?[/QUOTE]

Hi there!

first of all it does not really matter what BHP you are getting as long as its fast when you drive it.! The BHP figures will always tend to change on different days or different Rolling road garages.

I produced 244BHP on my KO3s on stage 1 remap but i do have very good mods to help push the figures up! (see my signature) I took it to power engineering in middlesex and they test Skylines, evos, Focus, Audi's, Seat's all day long and were very professional. Now even tho i acheived these figures i may not on another day.

So as long as you can feel the power difference that is all that matters not figures really!

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Oh, theres the can of worms opened!
My lil bros car Ibiza K03s with all the bit, S3 pump, downpipe, racecat, bla bla, done by jabba rolling roaded at 227bhp @ Dastek, Jabba claimed it to be 251!

corradophil

Sep 14, 2004
Essex
A pre 2000 K03 Mk4 Golf maps to 190bhp according to Revo.
A post 2000 K03s Mk4 Golf has the AUM engine which is basically the same as the AUQ in most LCs, but with only 150bhp. This maps to 207bhp, the same as an LC.

With either Turbo, I would have thought the next stage is perfomance Exhaust and cat.

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
A pre 2000 K03 Mk4 Golf maps to 190bhp according to Revo.
A post 2000 K03s Mk4 Golf has the AUM engine which is basically the same as the AUQ in most LCs, but with only 150bhp. This maps to 207bhp, the same as an LC.

With either Turbo, I would have thought the next stage is perfomance Exhaust and cat.

Yes but its all money at the end of the day! Just for a little extra BHP.

Why not just chuck out the seats, spare tyre, lose some weight and after the remap it'll feel like 300BHP+!! ;)

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
My 180 LC made 196bhp with a full Piper exhaust and a Carbonio intake - not beyond the realms of belief - and 242bhp on the same dyno a week later after a stage two C-C remap and Forge TIP.

I don't think the mid 240s is an unrealistic figure. The K03S is capable of about 20 PSI after all.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I think anything over 235 bhp is heading into the realms of fantasy.........

Maybe, but it depends on how its mapped and what mods you have. My K03S'd ibiza once custom mapped at star made 247bhp. But its quite a progressive map so seems to be more top endish which is maybe the reason for the higher hp figure and only 234lb/ft of torque.

You'll need a good exhaust, FMIC setup etc etc to take it up to 220+

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
the turbo may hold 20psi but doesnt mean it keeps that
Mine does hold 20 PSI...well, until just over 5000rpm anyway. It peaks at somewhere around 22.

It definitely depends on the dyno, which is why I made sure I had before and after runs. Obviously, peak numbers mean very little...but it's nice to see it in black and white :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
thanks for the replys,

at least its nice to know that there is perhaps another 20 or so bhp still to be gained from a little spend , im happy to do that , just didnt want to spend out more when the improvements would be so little and not really achievable.

I do agree about thr rolling road lottery , i tried not to include that in my post so the can of worms lid would only open a little lol.

so if im right then to achieve next power increase , a new full exhaust , cai , stage 2 map and intercooler will get me 2 the figures being floated around here?
if so which map , revo or custom code?
bearing in mind i already have revo.

Rob.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well if you have revo then stay there as when you go stage 2 you wont pay as much as you should do due to keeping with them

basically everything you put down on mod list will max out the turbo

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
mines running around 230-240 i believe and hits 21psi then holds it for a while easily.. is a custom code stage 2 and drives really well

I know nick had his recorded at over 250bhp with a jabba map on jabba rollers but then i also know he blew his turbo.. Think that was actuator related though and not the map!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Mine does hold 20 PSI...well, until just over 5000rpm anyway. It peaks at somewhere around 22.

It definitely depends on the dyno, which is why I made sure I had before and after runs. Obviously, peak numbers mean very little...but it's nice to see it in black and white :)

It does'nt hold that boost, is incapable of holding that to the 6800rpm limiter
its out of puff... the best k03s I have seen just hold 15psi to the limiter

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Indeed, most of these 240 dyno figures are brief blips before plummeting down again, high in the rev range the bhp and torque is WAY below that. Out on the road in the real world that would be round about the time you're getting humped by another car!!!

A realistic, reliable average is around 230bhp max., no more. (fantasy dynos not included!).

bcstudent

Boost FTW
Apr 17, 2005
Norwich, UK
It does'nt hold that boost, is incapable of holding that to the 6800rpm limiter
its out of puff... the best k03s I have seen just hold 15psi to the limiter
You're right, it's down to about 15 PSI by 5800rpm. I only said it held 20 PSI until about 5000rpm though. Looking at the graph it's more like 4500rpm in fact.

It does well for a small turbo, but it's game over at 4500rpm!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.