From Cat 'C' write off to road..(The journey of a Mk2) ..The end .

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
My Mk2 Ibiza Cupra 8VGti /sport whatever whatever..
Written off as Category 'C' after a shunt in the rear whilst sat at traffic lights.

Purchased for a steal back in autum/winter '06... sat looking very sorry for itself for a while due to having been Sorn by previous owner and kept as Sorn by me ( to enable me to get a few bits, get it through the VIC check etc)
arv5j.jpg

4v3kax.jpg

First major purchases wre the replacement tailgate (wrong colour, but a lot straighter than the original one ;)), slam panel etc and some replacement rear clusters due to the originals being smashed in the crash (cheers for the heads up, AndyJ)
2dc5ugn.jpg

Sat in this guise for a fair while whilst it was VIC'd then once done and MOT'd (failed only on front suspension mounts, suprisingly considering the smack in the back it had) it then had a bit of filler -work done to plump its ass back properly
258xymx.jpg

2eoy2p0.jpg

Once done, the red strip was sourced, and fitted over the summer, as was a few trips to various shows/meets etc.

finally , off it went to the Sprayers to have the rear end blown over, so ended up looking half decent by the end of summer..
ml5uon.jpg

Again, once winter was upon us and work took precidence, it sat, used possibly once a week if that to trundle to the shops..

Treated it to a set of White Powder-coated Estorils way back last year ,and finally today i got some rubber wrapped on them.
(have took these snaps just before sun down this evening with rims placed in front of existing ones)
11l3ex0.jpg

2jb4a6o.jpg

Will soon be lowered , have the rims changed over (scruffy **winter** rims on at present ) and have a fw more little touches done before (hopefully ) Pod in April (mot and tax up before then , and im away for just over three weeks prior to pod too, so time is an enemy at moment.

All in all , not a bad little motor for what its cost me :funk:

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Nice to see people repairing write off's. I hope you pulled the rear panel/put on a new slam panel before you put the bumper on?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
far too much use of 'these bloody things':p you don't wave two finger in the air when you talk do you brum?.
looking good other wise;)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
quick teaser... stuck the rims on today just to see what they actually look like .. I know the car needs decking, but after the kerfuffle with the garage this morning and throwing the rest of the day into disarray, I finally got 1/2 hour or so to myself so decided to play cars ;)
only one piccy unfortunately and not the best either, but the battery went just as I took it, so..
2zho7mh.jpg

Last edited:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
just looked out of the window at it... *I know :(* .. and they're growing on me.. just needs its ass dropping to the floor now ..gonna see if I can get it mot'd next week (fingers crossed it will pass) then that gives me a bit of breathing space to get it decked before I go away in three weeks...if that falls through.. it looks like pod might be done in a crappy Mk4

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Crappy Mk4 eh? Forgot I was in with the Mk2 lot right now LoL! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Thats' some effort you've put in there and have been rewarded with a great looking car.

Those wheels have got to be a pain in the ass to keep clean surely? :D
wouldnt know truth be told, had 'em ages but kept them off the car during winter, only really fitted them today as I had a crappy day and decided to spend some time on the car. shouldnt be any worse than my old multispokes were :shrug:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
fixed , but on the way to being pampered Aimez... still a fair few plans for it, just a bugger timewise for Pod, but if it doesnt happen for Pod, then it'll just be postponed for later.. but it will happen
;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members