Ecu problem

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Just swapped my revo stage 2 ecu over with a member on here for his standard one and he's broke down on the way home, the first time he said a boost pipe had come off which he said he fixed now the second time he said the car starts but wont rev at all ?

he's being towed back here and im going to put it on vagcom anyone got any idea's on what it might be or things to check when he gets here ?

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
If a boost pipe came off then Im guessing hes been trying out his new power :p ?

I would check the rest of the pipes , or do you already know for certain that its an ecu problem ?

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
If a boost pipe came off then Im guessing hes been trying out his new power :p ?

I would check the rest of the pipes , or do you already know for certain that its an ecu problem ?

ecu was fine on my car wouldnt have sold it otherwise

thats all i can think of is a pipe has come off just abit strange that he has no throttle just wondering if a blown or split pipe would cause the throttle not to work :shrug:

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
when i installed his ecu on my car it had about 10 faults stored, was abit skocked when i see it as i have never seen so many faults on one page

ill scan his car when he gets here and post the results

gregorcupra

Nov 8, 2007
Paisley
After I fitted my Forge TIP I went out in the car and the charge pipe blew off. The car wouldnt rev obviously because it wasnt getting any air , but that was quite an obvious problem , and of course easier to fix than what you have.

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Sounds like he was carrying problems before the ecu swap then mate so the extra pressure from the new one may have finished off his problems lol.

If it was a case of a leak the car would still start and rev but would just missfire badly then die

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
ok fault codes

18048 - internal contr.module (EEPROM ERROR)
P1640 - 35-00 - -
18042 - Accelerator Position sensor 2 (g185) signal too high
p1634 - 35-00
18039 - accelerator position sensor (g79) signal too high
p1631 - 35 -00
17526 - oxygen (lambda) sensor heating b1 s2 open circuit
p1118 - 35-00

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
18048 - internal contr.module (EEPROM ERROR) <--- that isnt very promising at all, try clearing it and seeing if it comes back

18048/P1640/005696 - Internal Control Module: EEPROM Error
Possible Causes
Engine Control Module modified (e.g. Chip Tuning)
Engine Control Module faulty
Possible Solutions
Contact your Tuner
Replace Engine Control Module

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
10848 is because the ecu has been dissconnected so thats nothing to worry about, ive had that before.

The accelerator position sensor will be the cause for the problems, im not sure where that is tho the only one i know about is the one in the top of the gearbox, which im told is to do with the revs so that might be the one thats fubered

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
If the ecu was at fault tho it would have done the same on your car.

Seems to me the guy had intermittant faults already which have not gone properly

Regular scans with vagcom is highly recommended and would have saw off the faults so this wouldnt have happened

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
If the ecu was at fault tho it would have done the same on your car.

Seems to me the guy had intermittant faults already which have not gone properly

Regular scans with vagcom is highly recommended and would have saw off the faults so this wouldnt have happened

right swapped the ecu's over and its doing it on mine no throttle, car was fine when it left so its something to do with the ecu any idea's whats happened ?

it was raining before we swapped them could water in the ecu be the problem

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
get some wd40 and spray a little on the connectors to the main loom where the ECU plugs in, that may help it if its a water issue. its a weird one, ive no idea sorry.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.