Tris's Trackday & Family Leon Cupra(Snetterton Report)

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
Hi guys thought it was time to have a thread on the Leon
Bought the car in October 2004 from the Motorist Centre Canterbury where I met some top guys who bent over backwards to help me out with what we wanted as we where after red and black leather and not the normal black they had the car shipped off for us and brought back before we collected the car we found out that the car had been painted in emotion red & not flash which we has very happy about so that means this car is one of the very last mk1 Cupra's before they went to the FR with the new colour
They also had the wheels I wanted shipped down from Elite and again fitted before we had even picked her up for the 1st time along with the lexus lights
(Big thanks for all the help from everyone at the Motorist Centre)
We where then happy with it for the 1st few months but then the modding started again with a Carbonio air filter, SEAT Sport gear knob, Bailey D/V,S2000 aerial, Window tints, CUPRA rear badge lettering, VW Sunglasses Holder, TT Pedals, LCR splitter & a Auto Meter boost gauge & Nomad pillar pod which has now been changed to a double pod as I now have a oil temp gauge as well
14072008045.jpg
14072008047.jpg
14072008046.jpg

13072008041.jpg
13072008040.jpg
dscf0473.jpg

I was also on a GB for a custom Jabba map but that was put on hold as my wife was pregnant & was due to give birth to my daughter Abi
After we got the all clear from the doctors guess where the 1st place my new daughter was taken? That’s right Jabba for my map
It came away with a map on 95ron with 223bhp and 256 torque which I was well happy with until I started doing track days then came front upper & lower strut braces koni shock absorbers and Eibach springs to sort out the handling and Schroth harness to keep me stuck to the seat
But with most of the guys having re mapped Cupra R's my 223bhp was not enough down the straights so I got on the Blue Flame GB and then after that got it on the RR and it pulled 237bhp to which I was very happy with but as I am waiting on my Forge FMIC to come I will then be taking it back to Jabba to have it tweaked to 99ron and then will see how it will go (Now running 241bhp & 265lbft
Then came the LCR Brembos which Ben (Roly) fitted for me which have now got
ebc grooved discs and ferodo 2500 pads.
harty.jpg
dscf0459.jpg

dscf0447.jpg
dscf0444.jpg

Car has now been fitted with a new cluch & Quaife atb diff & Neuspeed short shifter & Forge FMIC.
Thats it for awhile

Spec Sheet

Engine & Transmission
JabbaSport Custom Remap
Forge Front Mount Intercooler
Carbonio Cold Air Intake
Blue Flame Down Pipe & Turbo Back Exhaust With Sports Cat
T.I.P
Bailey Diverter Valve
Power Flex Dog-Bone Engine Mount
Quaife ATB Differential
Neuspeed Short Shifter
Cruise Control

Suspension
Koni Shocks With Eibach Springs With Adjustable Dampers
OMP Top Strut Brace
Audi S3 Lower Strut Brace

Brakes
323mm Brembo Callipers With EBC Grooved Discs With Ferrodo Ds2500 Pads
FK & H&R 10mm Hubcentric Spacer To Allow The Wheels To Clear The Bigger Brakes

Styling
Elite Shark 18" Alloys
Fabia Rear Wiper
Front Areo Wipers
LCR Front Splitter
SEAT Wind Deflectors
Window Tints
HIDS
Rear Cupra Badge From mk2 Leon
Honda S2000 Aerial

Interior
Full Red & Black Leather Re-trim
Red Stitching Handbrake Handle
Golf Leather Arm Rest
Auto Gauge Boost & Oil Temp Gauge Housed In Nomad Twin A Piler Pod To Keep An Original Look
SEAT Sport Gear Knob
TT Pedals
Removable Full Race Harness
Headrest Camera Mount To Capture The Track Days On Video
Golf Sunglass Holder
Boot Shelf Tidy

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
saw this at cadwell real nice car and gose well to,like the project!what other plans do you have for it?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members