Low speed cooling fan fault

arge

Starting to mod...
May 22, 2008
Hook, Hampshire
Right, i have identified my recently purchased LCR has this fault with the low speed fans not running with the a/c on. [:@]

I Will be fitting the new fan/fans myself but have a few questions... :help:

Do both fans need to be replaced (one small one large on my LCR) ?

Does anyone know the part numbers and prices for the fan/fans ?

If the origanal seat fans are stupidly expensive...

Has anyone tried German French Swedish (GFS) as they list a cooling fan on their website ? https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/ (search Leon then under Cooling, Part number 93645B Bottom of the list)

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The fan assembly is both the fans together.
I'm going to have to do this too but not gotten round to finding out the finer details you are looking for yet.
Try signing up to www.vagcat.com, you will get the standard OEM parts numbers off of this

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Isn't the Nime box causing people problems with sensors though?

I don't think everyone has the issue although I've not used one myself. There could be a different version now. Just giving an alternative to paying for a new fan unit that will burn out again no doubt in time.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I had the nime box fitted and it did give me problems.
When I have the money I will be fitting new fans.
At least with new fans you'll get ones year warranty with them
Nime box is very very good and they will give you a refund if it causes problems so also worth a punt with no money loss if it doesn't work out.

arge

Starting to mod...
May 22, 2008
Hook, Hampshire
holy thread resurection batman !

So never got round to fitting the fans, just limited the use of the aircon to a minimum, yeh lazy i know !

My radiator has just gone though so will be fitting a new one this week and it seems silly to not do the fans at the same time.

So, can anyone help with the fans part numbers ?

Thanks guys

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
why are you wasting your money on new fans?the nime box was upgraded to stop it interferring with the leon's systems-ie lights on dash