N75 race valve gains?

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
Would it be worth fitting an n75 race valve with a stage 1 revo map??
as ive heard it will boost for slightly longer through the rev range?

would there be any performance gains?
cheers

caveo

Dont do it mate , the n75 is controlled by the map and any attempt to hold boost for longer can and will only end in trouble . Any decent map will hold boost for as long as possable anyway so delaying that any further may destroy the turbo.
A mapper will keep the waste gate ( which is contrlooed by the n75 ) closed till what they belive is a safe level and a race valve will delay the signal a little and my take the turbo OTT.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
The Race valve, or the 'H' valve as it is before the part numbers are ground off and a 'race' sticker added will only give a couple of psi gain throught the boost range. It will only work if the map will allow a higher peak, if not, you will get limp.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
any attempt to hold boost for longer can and will only end in trouble.

What a load of crap. How many people run other forms of boost control instead of the N75 which can hold boost longer than the N75 can ie an EBC. The amount of extra psi the n75 race valve or H valve will give you wont do any harm unless you go outside the parameters and then you will just get limp mode which wont do any damage. Wont be a massive gain but thn again it only costs £30 or £40 and not much will give you a good gain for that money.

caveo

And what if the map is already at the turbos parameters and your H or J valve delays the wastgate opening , but your right on the limp mode thing.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
There isnt really a thing as turbos parameters. If its mapped so the boost is so high the turbo fails then the mapper is incompetent as it should hit limp mode before it gets to a level that the turbo craps itself unless its been asked to be mapped that hard or there is another problem. Its only going to give a few extra psi at very best, some people havent seen any increase at all, and the delay in opening is so tiny its not going to make a serious difference either. Seriosuly a N75 race or H valve isnt a biggie!

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
No. Its a gamble but if it suits your car and you want to theres no reason not to spend the £30 or £40. Its no miracle valve thats going to transform your car and give you lots of extra power though.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
so is it worth getting 1 maybe if its cheap??

is it a 50/50 chance it will work better/same/worse??

caveo

I see in your sig your getting it mapped soon anyway , id just ask the mapper.

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
I see in your sig your getting it mapped soon anyway , id just ask the mapper.

ok mate thanks will give them a ring!
but whats the worst that can happen if i did get 1 it would go into limp mode then i could put the my originally n75 valve back on?
cheers

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
I put a J valve on and i saw a 3psi increase straight away, i havent gone into limp mode yet ether. I dont think coxy you will go into limp mode, but like pji985 says its just a gamble and it might no do anything!

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
I put a J valve on and i saw a 3psi increase straight away, i havent gone into limp mode yet ether. I dont think coxy you will go into limp mode, but like pji985 says its just a gamble and it might no do anything!

ok , but my next question is which valve is best as i know there is a few different 1's i.e J, H valve?

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
depends really, i think the race valves gives a big boost peak and drops off quick, where as the J valve is alot less harsh and holds the boost more

coxyboy

Ibiza Cupra R
Aug 16, 2008
W-S-M
depends really, i think the race valves gives a big boost peak and drops off quick, where as the J valve is alot less harsh and holds the boost more

well i was only looking at the 'race valve' as there was 1 on ebay but theyve taken it off already so now might invest in an H ir J valve?
i thought the H holds the boost higher for longer whereas the J has a bigger peak but drops of a bit quicker?

personally i prefere a bigger kick mid range and for it to drop off a bit as i used to have a 200bhp punto gt that felt alot faster at a 187bhp because it was spiking at 21psi then droping to 16 whereas i bought a greddy profec b spec 2 which held 16psi across the rev range at 200bhp but felt really slow compared :)

also where did you get yours from and how much cheers

caveo

I wish my N75 worked quicker , my IHI should hold 1.4 BAR but when i plant it from low revs ( put it under alot of load ) it shoots up to 1.7 -1.8 BAR and the N75 takes it sweet ass time in bringing in to 1.4 which is quite worrying for the rods and turbo bearings.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.