blow off valve on tdi

cultus

hey guys, well i just got my seat ibiza 6k tdi 110hp chiped and i was planing to have blow off instaled also, so i wanted to know is there any possibility of having some problems with it and what are good and bad thing about it.....and after all should i do it :)
thx for help

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
If you mean a dump valve, then yes you can put one on...

Taken from tdiclub.com

11. Blow-off valves or BOV or similar

Since people insist upon asking about these devices, they need to be discussed ... The purpose of a "blow-off valve" or "diverter valve" on a gasoline engine is to give boost pressure someplace to go when the throttle plate is abruptly closed, to prevent operating the compressor in the "surge" regime. Since a diesel engine doesn't have a throttle plate, a gadget like this serves absolutely no purpose and has no business anywhere on a diesel engine. "But I like the cool noise ..." Too bad, this discussion is focused on things that WORK. Even if you manage to find some way to make such a device work, the noise of people "in the know" laughing at you because they realize that it has absolutely no place on your engine will drown out the noise that the device itself makes.

Installation: Impossible. Cannot be made to work even if you insist upon it.

Advantages: None.

Disadvantages: Won't work. People who actually know how a diesel engine works will laugh at you for even considering it. You are your own warranty.

Cost factor: Too much, all things considered.

Cautions specific to this modification: Won't accomplish anything.

Suggested modifications in parallel: Irrelevant.

"Bang for the Buck": One hundred percent total waste of time and money.

What if I want more? Do something that actually accomplishes something ...

see forge's website if you realllly still want one :)

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDDV

cultus

thx for input ppl, do u have any suggestions on what else could i do to boost performance?

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
front mounted intercooler, uprated turbo, uprated injectors, new clutch/flywheel and i think thats about it lol

Robb1990

May 14, 2008
+ better breathing, so a nice panel filter with some ducting to the bottom of it, and a nice free flowing exhaust.

cultus

well as far as exhaust goes i got remus on it....would u say K&N panel will do?
or FK one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members