Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Well here goes my new car hopefully the successor to my old green machine mk2 ibiza.

Seat ibiza cupra r with 43000 miles on the clock not to shabby if i dont say so myself.

7827832210a9484618009l.jpg

7827832210a9484618115l.jpg

7827832210a9484618192l.jpg

7827832210a9484618275l.jpg

7827832210a9484618368l.jpg

So far as i know is a supersprint exhaust, k1 variant coilovers normad pillar boost guage. and when i first got the car it was filthy so a good clean had to happen.

Future plans are a respray after xmas due to the dreaded laquer (sp) peel and faded paint worlk not to bad just want it perfect. Raise it :ban: polly bush it and upper/lower front and rear strut braces, also tidy up the engine bay hoses that everywhere

Distant future after some searching will hopefully be fmic forge tip and 007, ko4 possibly hybrid turbo and a revo remap as there is a dealer quite close. Will do more research into those things though.

Looking forward to many of times swearing at the car when things go wrong, but the smile on my face when on a back country road makes it all worth it.

ps thats my dad in the car, i'm only 19.

Will try and keep this thread up to date with the progress

Let me know what you guys think and opinions on future mods etc are greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Snow was good fun, no traction at all,

Even the pug couldnt get traction good fun sliding about though.

Insurance well isnt to funny to be honest, Well worth it though

btw the jacking point cover was in the garage taken off to jack the car up forgot to put it back on.

Will need to get beter pics later

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Always the bright colour though, dont know just have a thing for lairy coloured cars.

been told to put black compo mo's on it, i think the black rims on a yellow car has been done to death, come on wheel guru whats your thoughts a quite like the standard ones?

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
See i thought it would be wrong too,

Violet 5 spokes ( joking)

dont think i will change anything aprt from a few handling and engine mods,

just get the car mint again.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Well going in on Friday to get a price for the respray well the guy will see what is needed, personally I would think a whole respary,

Not looking forward to the price in all honesty but if i want the car mint then it has to be done.

New maf ordered today, thinking of ordering a jetex filter and hoses, due to a thread saying the piper x kills maf's, I got the car with that fitted.

Also did the R come with a 5th oz wheel as a spare as i have it as a spare?

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Looks nice mate, i'd probably leave the wheels as they are.
The R did come with a 5th Super T as a spare, should have a raised boot carpet so it all fits in nicely :)

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
looks good! and low mileage for a Cupra R :)
yeah, the PiperX filters are oily and the MAF's dont like it

Yeah I thought that so that’s why I am going to get that jetex one or the one mentioned on ebay that quite a few people seem to be using.

Martin I am intending on leaving them as they are be the best option. Would have made more sense to have raised it a tad but I’m not complaining i have a spare alloy wheel, just need to put a new Goodyear eagle f1 tyre on, not cheap.

Think i might tackle cleaning the arches tomorrow as I have the day off work. Good to get 7 years worth of crap out from the arches. All depending on the weather of course as i aint going to do it in a blowing gale and rain that’s for sure.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Looks very tidy mate! I was going to mention how good the colour looks, but i guess it one of those 'when you get up close' jobs! Defo keep the wheels! I know the dark wheels on a lellow car has been done to death, but doing them anthracite looks great with the grey bump strips! Ties it all together imo.

IMGP1760.jpg

Ride hight looks similar to mine which i'm also thinking of raising an inch. Gone through 2 LCR splitters in about 2months!!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
looks well nice mate,realy dos,but there seems to be an old man trying to steel it in the pics :lol:

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Looks very tidy mate! I was going to mention how good the colour looks, but i guess it one of those 'when you get up close' jobs! Defo keep the wheels! I know the dark wheels on a lellow car has been done to death, but doing them anthracite looks great with the grey bump strips! Ties it all together imo.

IMGP1760.jpg

Ride hight looks similar to mine which i'm also thinking of raising an inch. Gone through 2 LCR splitters in about 2months!!

That so much wants me to do the same with the bump strips and wheels, also i need a front mount.

Nah the colour is fine just not happy with the patches of laquer peel on the bonnet and wing, Dont know if it will be a respray need to see what the painter thinks with it matching in all that, Not very good light in the photo the car still needs a clean never mind a polish.

looks well nice mate,realy dos,but there seems to be an old man trying to steel it in the pics :lol:

We were blocking the street so he had to stay in so we could move it. Well he is my dad

:drool: lovely car, really love these. Have a secret hankering for one of these and may be sooner rather than later.

Your audi looks the nuts though, always wanted one, but a little out my price range.

Garage sat to have alook underneath and raise it a little bit, handy having a father in the car industry.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.