Fitting a SEAT Sport Intercooler

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Then you need to work out which of these.... Goes where?
DSC00331.jpg

Pic_0079.jpg

Pic_0016_1.jpg

Then start to refit bits..... Crash bar and head lights.
Pic_0018_1.jpg

Don't forget you might need to extend the sensor cables to allow it to fit properly. What ever you do don't use bullet connectors! So far my soldering job is still holding up :D

Pic_0036_1.jpg

Then the task of refitting the bumper. On a pre-facelift (like mine) this involves lots of cutting from the inside of the bumper. I don't know what is involved for refitting a Cupra or facelift bumper.......

Good luck - any questions drop me a PM.

Mike

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
im looking to get a seat sport fmic on my ibiza tdi 130, ive been quoted £250 inc vat and delivery from david @ seremotors N.I. Is it not possible to use original seat ibiza cupra tdi hoses, as everyone on here seems to buy forge ones? and they cost loads! thanks for the help

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok thanks for your help, you've got the petrol i see, suppose you allready have a fmic as standard?

:no: Only a small side mounted intercooler (SMIC) on the FR I'm afraid. The Cupras were the only ones that came with a FMIC. Same engine, different intercooler and map are the only engine differences! FMIC are very desirable for those with SMIC as they are good for high BHP applications!

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
I'm after one weirdly as its getting colder no, and we had a rubbish summer, but have seen the size of my smic and its pathetic, so before i get it remapped, im getting that and a few other little mechanical mods, so only have to get remapped once, although im tempted by hybrid pd150 turbo kits, giving 220bhp and lots of torque!, but then i'll need a clutch and the list goes on! where will it end!

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I'm after one weirdly as its getting colder no, and we had a rubbish summer, but have seen the size of my smic and its pathetic, so before i get it remapped, im getting that and a few other little mechanical mods, so only have to get remapped once, although im tempted by hybrid pd150 turbo kits, giving 220bhp and lots of torque!, but then i'll need a clutch and the list goes on! where will it end!

You can map to stage 1 as is, then save up and get FMIC and exhaust for stage 2 or go for hybrid turbo, FMIC and exhaust for oodles of bhp!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey, you tube thing is really good fair play. i am just wondering if you got an part numbers for the seat sport FMIC as my seat dealer is about 80 and clueless with regards to modern technology and computers!

Where is best to get the forge pipe work?

cheers

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey, are there any other parts un need other than the seat sport intercooler and the forge pipe work?

in the diagram on page 1, there is a mounting bracked labbelled 14 & 15 do i need to purchase these on top of everything else from seat dealer?

if so, any part number available? do u have the part number for the seat sport intercooler?

cheers

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
It should be listed on here but if you can't find it I've got that in my front room at the moment so I'll have a look. Have a search around, I think there is a list of all the parts needed in a thread somewhere. If you speak to Sere motors they should be able to do you a good deal/sort the part numbers :)

May 22, 2009
South Wales
just an update, those who are following this thread, the seat sport intercooler (FMIC) part number is

6LL145804

Please correct me if i am wrong!

Other than the brackets 6LL 145 808 C and 6LL 145 808 D (+ the forge pipe work) is there anything else i would need to fit the intercooler to my ibiza FR?

cheers Rod