DarrenG

I use sealant (poorboys) on mine aswell, hate cleaning wheels that have been left for ages and aren't sealed

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Boot De/Re-Badged

After replacing my split breather hose this afternoon, I took some time tonight to debadge the bootlid. I've put a Forge Motorsport vinyl transfer where the "LEON 20VT" used to be.

I don't mind giving Forge some free advertising, they're a top notch outfit and their customer service is second to none. Piston dump valves are all much the same in operation but when it comes to after-care, these guys are in a different league. Today I received a FMCL007P service kit including a new piston, grease and rubber o-rings and they threw in 2 billet aluminium keyrings and the above-mentioned transfer, the whole lot free of charge :D

DSCF2357.jpg

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Looks lovely mate. Sticker is a little controversial though your running a Jabba car with a Forge sticker? Oh well suppose they did offer you a very good service! ;)

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Looks lovely mate. Sticker is a little controversial though your running a Jabba car with a Forge sticker? Oh well suppose they did offer you a very good service! ;)

Thanks mate. Car is 50/50 Forge TIP and Forge DV. Jabba Remap and Jabba Induction kit. I don't think I'll keep the sticker on there forever but its just filling a space until I make a final decision on how I want the back end to look.

On another note entirely, I fitted a new MAF today and was delighted to see VAG-COM report airflow over it of 190g/s. Much more like it and should be putting out somewhere around 235-240bhp.

Last edited:

manks88

Re. Weitec

Hi mate, when you fitted your weitech suspension did you have to have anything else fitted with it? Also whats the ride like?

Thanks,
Ryan

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi Ryan,

They were fitted by the last owner with new top mounts and dogbone bush at the same time. Ride is firmer than standard but much more controlled. Handling is in a different league.

Last edited:

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
If you go for different suspension will you be putting the Weitecs up for sale - would appreciate first dibs on a potential sale thread if you decide to go a different route :)

Having had them for a while and got used to them, I think I'll be keeping them mate. I'll probably go for some uprated brakes or ARBs when the fund recovers from the Milltek.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
I actually find them more comfy than standard shocks and springs. Body roll is almost non existent and handling is far better. I had koni fsd shocks and eibach springs on a previous car, ride was softer than the weitecs but handling was nowhere near as good. I'd recommend them to anybody. You'll need uprated ARBs or adjustable drop links if you go lower than 40mm though, standard ARB rubs on the drivers side driveshaft if you go lower than this.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I actually find them more comfy than standard shocks and springs. Body roll is almost non existent and handling is far better. I had koni fsd shocks and eibach springs on a previous car, ride was softer than the weitecs but handling was nowhere near as good. I'd recommend them to anybody. You'll need uprated ARBs or adjustable drop links if you go lower than 40mm though, standard ARB rubs on the drivers side driveshaft if you go lower than this.

That sounds worth a go then, already have uprated ARB front and back as well as all the bushes changed - i doubt i'll go lower than 40mm if even that low. I just want a bit less dive under braking and maybe a little firmer damping.

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Tim, a good machine polisher and a coat of acrylic sealant works wonders on Ovni Yellow. It can be the best or worst colour on a Leon depending on how well you look after it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise