JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

JamJay

California Bound
SOLD

Hey people, here is my RR thread for my LCR. The thing will be littered with random pics and posts so i'll post the spec up first, with links, so you can find what you're looking for. Alternately, flick through the whole thing :). No corners will be cut, no snapping, cutting or bodging, regardless of cost. All parts will be bolt on or direct replacement which may take me a little longer to figure out but enjoy my long winded, yet careful approach to modifying!

THREAD INDEX:

Neuspeed P-FLO Air Filter
Debadging Boot Lid
Pioneer iPod Compatible CD Player
Forge 007 Diverter Valve
N249 Bypass
Wheel Refurbishment In Porsche Meteor Grey
Custom Air Feed
10mm H&R Rear Wheel Spacers
Exterior Respray In OEM Colour
Refurbishing Brembo Calipers
Replace Neuspeed Filter For Jetex
Polished Charge Pipe
THS Dogbone Mount
EBC Turbo Groove Brake Discs & Ferrodo DS2500 Brake Pads
PipeWerx 3" Down Pipe & 200cell Race Cat onto OEM Cat-Back
Coilover Fitting Guide
Coilover Pictures
Polished Fuel Rail
10mm Spacers Front/15mm Spacers Rear
3" TIP & Fitting Guide
Custom Air Filter Shield - Design & Prototype
Custom Air Filter Shield - Test Fit
Custom Air Filter Shield Completed
Pre-Summer Detail (Engine Bay & Exterior - Coilover/New Exhaust pics)
Brembo Caliper Repaint & Guide
Forge DV Relocation Kit
Forge Turbo Outlet Pipe & Fitting Guide
Forge Big Race Intercooler
Stage 2 Dyno Graph - 290bhp/326lb-ft

Videos

Full 3" Exhaust System Video
Stage 2 Dyno Video
3" Exhaust & DV Videos

Wish List
  • Rear ARB
  • Stiffened Engine Mounts
  • Wavetrac ATB Differential
  • Silicone hose everything else

Shots from the 1st year of ownership, completely OEM.

n516284608_842441_2750.jpg

n673941554_1309387_1492.jpg

Image158.jpg

Image157.jpg

Image165.jpg

Image168.jpg

Image164.jpg

Image169.jpg

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Last week, a couple of changes took place.

First of all, a Neuspeed P-Flo which I am very impressed with. IMO it looks great & I love that it now comes with a Neuspeed cone rather than a K&N. In performance terms...none what so ever but then again anyone expecting to see a power increase with an air filter alone is just kidding themselves.

Neuspeed.jpg

Neuspeed2.jpg

Neuspeed3.jpg

Secondly, after accidently knocking the 'E' part of the L E O N badge off while polishing :shrug:, I was decided to remove the lot. I was worried that the paint under the badges would not match the rest of the boot lid but it turned out fine.

Here were the tools:

Image177.jpg

Cleaner wax, carnauba wax, clay bar, Tesco clubcard, dental floss, hot water, microfibre sponge & a hair dryer.

Work started off by heating the letters...

Image170.jpg

After that, dental floss helped cut through the sticky foam backing of the badge...

Image171.jpg

Any excess foam was removed using a clubcard thing while it was still warm. After this, some glue was left, so the warm water helped remove this and some scrubbing with the sponge. Once dried off, it was polished and now looks like the badge was never there. Also, the Fabia rear wiper went on, no more juddering :D...

Image176.jpg

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Next up: The CD Auto Changer finally gave up and sadly not with the common fault where it is unable to read a CD, it won't recognise that the magazine has been inserted at all. So out it came and has been replaced by this...

Image181.jpg

A Pioneer DEH3100UB. I chose this for 4 reasons; red button illumination, iPOD compatible, the ability to expand is functions at a later date (rear iPOD lead and Bluetooth handsfree) and it's price...£124.99. It has a front facing AUX input enabling playback from any portable audio device and a front facing USB port. This is particularly handy as it can read flash drives and allow full control of your iPOD (Nano 1 - 4, iPHONE & all of the others) using the USB cable provided with the iPOD. Due to the full control of the front facing port, i'll most likely leave the rear iPOD cable for now. Some night pics to follow of the red buttons, they match very well.

007DV Installed!

Image182.jpg

Image183.jpg

Finally. I was convinced that the OEM one was causing some issues, i.e a small judder now and again so it's has been replaced with something a little more robust. Very pleased with it, a little louder than the OEM Bosch one and holds boost noticably better in the higher revs, something I thought that let the LCR down while it was OEM. All clips were replaced for good measure and now I am hunting down a TIP to compliment it.

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, long time no update.

So the latest mods are a TIP supplied by THS and fitted by myself, a remap by AMD Essex, a stone chip in the windscreen fixed by auto glass, some nice kerbing on the wheels thanks to a bus and locking tyre valve caps as someone let one of the tyres down while I was out on the slosh and left my car alone for a whole night.

Pics to follow shortly of the TIP, chose black to keep the OEM look and will continue this with the intercooler pipes.

Wheels to be refurbished (all 5) by Wheel Works in Crawley but I don't know what colour to go with. A form of silver I think but lighter or darker?

And from it's latest shoot...

IMG_1647new.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649new.jpg

IMG_1650new.jpg

IMG_1651new.jpg

IMG_1653new.jpg

IMG_1654new.jpg

IMG_1658new.jpg

IMG_1671new.jpg

IMG_1672new.jpg

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
People do that?

Thanks for the comments. It's washed twice a week, waxed once a month, clayed every 5/6months (just before Spring and just before Autumn) and it'll be having it's 1st glaze this year too :)

Well things changed here for sure, I am well and truely anal about cleaning now. I invested in some proper kit, she's never looked better :)

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks again :). It's nothing special in comparison to some of the Stage 2/3's on here but she does me. Waxed once a week, keeps the shine locked in until the next full works treatment (wash, clay, wash, paint cleanse, polish, glaze, seal, wax & quick detailer) which is due just before the AMD RR Day.

Wheels in on the 28th Aug, going for something different but subtle - Porsche Meteor Grey Metallic or Audi Meteor Grey & currently on the hunt for a good 3" cold air feed. B&Q had some really strong stuff at a bargain price (£5 3m) but it was 100mm :(.

Last edited:

nicksxjr

Revo....whiplash!
Jul 24, 2009
Somerset, taunton
nice kit mate.
how did you get on sorting cold air feed?
pulled mine to pieces sunday but cant really see an alternative as all the gaps are so small wonderin wat you did in the end??
removing the head light shroud looks dangerous.
i got side tracked anyway and matt blacked my front seat emblem....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members