My Platinum Grey LCR - Another 14 laps at the 'ring

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Right, I thought after a years ownership it was about time I did a readers ride thread!

I bought the car last April (2008) completely standard:

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

Over the last year I have done:

Cosmetic Stuff:
Dipped Beam HIDs
100watt Main Beam with separate wiring loom
Golf Aerowiper Conversion
Fabia Rear Wiper
Wind Deflectors
SCN Stickers :D
Black Front Badge
Black Wheels
Gloss Black Splitter (Filled, Primed, Sprayed)
Black Wing Mirrors (something of a theme going on here :))

Engine:
Forge TIP
Forge 007p
Green Cotton Panel Filter in Smoothed and Drilled Airbox
P-Torque Stage 1 Remap (RR 272bhp, 315lbft)
Centre Silencer Removed from OEM Exhaust

Handling:
Neuspeed Rear ARB (25mm)
S3 Front Strut Brace
Hughes Engineering Rear Strut Brace
DIY Short Shift
DS2500 Pads with Grooved Discs
15mm Rear Spacers

Audio:
Infinity Component Front Speakers
Kenwood DVD, Sat Nav, iPod, Bluetooth etc etc Flip Out Head Unit

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Very nice, I like the black theme you have going there.

Did you notice much differenc inside the car with the window's open after fitting the Wind Deflectors ???

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yep, they've been pretty good actually; only really noticeable at illegal speeds, but much less turbulence and wind noise :yes:
thanks btw!

Nev_LCR

Gone... but not forgoten
May 16, 2007
Ipswich, Suffolk
about time you did a thread mate, looking good.

loving the black wheels, any chance of some close ups on the rear with the spacers, (im looking at a purchase)

cheers

Last edited:

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Nice motor Danny, 15mm looks spot on.
Which ones do you have?
Any vibration problem with these?
Cheers Willie,
They are cheap steel ones off ebay - £40 at the time. There are no vibrations at all when the spacers are on the back; however when I tested the spacers on the front, there was a noticeable vibration through the steering at higher speeds. I'm now looking for some lightweight alloy 10mm ones for the front; easier said than done!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
do you think this will make a similar difference? I've not thought about trying wider rubber, but that may be an option worth trying in the future :)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Well it is going to be an expensive week! Rear pads and discs, Front pads, Gearbox side engine mount, Front wishbone bushes, Cambelt Service and Oil and Filter Service :( how depressing!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully! Think the gearbox mount should be very noticeable as there is virtually no rubber left in my current one and it is knocking very loudly!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Wishbone bushes and transmission mount done yesterday, noticeably "tighter" round the twisties, initial turn in is now spot on; the original bushes did disintegrate as I removed them tho!!
Changed my front pads today; giving Mintex a go to compare with Brembo and DS2500s I have tried previously; will update once they've covered a few miles - although I have fully bedded them in today :)
Should be getting new discs and pads for the rear in the post tomorrow; and then the big service on Saturday!

I have also modified my OEM exhaust while my car was on the lift , removing the centre silencer and welding in a straight section; sounds a bit more lively now :)

harty190486

POWER!!!
Dec 29, 2008
staffordshire
hi mate lovley looking lcr there i have a Platinum Grey one to am loving the black wheels and mirrors i ave just tinted sum head light covers and go really well with the platinum grey, if you dont mind me asking where did u purchase ur wind deflectors from kinda likin the look of them :D

BRB

part-timer
Mar 18, 2008
Glasgow
this is one of the coolest platinum cupra r s ive seen . got the look spot on . would like too see it with slight tinted windows . my sons jaw dropped when he seen the transformation .he wants me too do same too my car . you may have a twin shortly.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.