ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Why have you put the wastegate recirc pipe at a poor flow angle? It would have been better going straight down to the exhaust elbow below. Also why no flex on the recirc, thats sure to crack.

when you realise the space limitation you will see why...
;)

Poor flow angle my arse. :rolleyes:

as for cracking.. we will see :p

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
battery relocation to boot..

liam-battery-boot-1.jpg

liam-battery-boot-2.jpg

liam-battery-boot-3.jpg

Progress, and to do list dimishing rapidly now :D

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
note the cable is not "amp" cable which is usually undersized for rear location, and also usually suffers voltage drop... This is big arsed cable. :D

some fittings to get to join new to old setup, and adapt the boot floor to raise it a little so it sits level. +30mm up to match lid of battery box.

Craig1985

Yeah come on bill how long!!

I know Roma wasnt built in a day but f*&k me!!!!

Updates on how much it made on the rollers is wat we need!!!

Jun 1, 2007
not much of an update have had to buy a new run about had it for sometime now was using a mates car but wasnt fair on him
any way here is the old dog

dervbus.jpg

Craig1985

i dont know mate had the run about sometime now mates car went back after 6 weeks been using the old dag about 11 weeks

Yeah tell me about it you had my car for 2 months mate, bet dropping from the tdi monster to the dog was bad!!!!

:p:p:lol:

Jun 1, 2007
Yeah tell me about it you had my car for 2 months mate, bet dropping from the tdi monster to the dog was bad!!!!

:p:p:lol:

not too bad getting good at curb surfing now :headhurt:

the tdi monster will miss me more as i was the only one that loved her :cheeky: like i love your mum

Last edited:

Craig1985

not too bad getting good at curb surfing now :headhurt:

the tdi monster will miss me more as i was the only one that loved her :cheeky: like i love your mum

Well yeah ya right there mate it prob will miss you more as now when i get ya mams fat arse in back its a proper low rider!!!:p:lol::lol::lol:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
right.. for those who thought i may have been sat on my arse... :rolleyes:
I am very very very busy, and bespoke project builds like these are custom all sorts of parts which soaks up time like a sponge.
It does'nt look like much, but there are litterally >100hours in this build.

it runs tho! ;)

polo-engine-complete-1.jpg

polo-engine-complete-2.jpg

polo-engine-complete-3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSrs_j_OHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLmU8V84zkU

Fuel pump located where filter was, and filter located in engine bay now. Hooked up to get working, whilst the new stainless steel push conenct fittings are being made, then just swap out the temp pipes for the pukka ones. Sufficient to get it going and tested tho
20091017_IMG_3853.jpg

some slight weaping from the oil filter sandwich plate outlet fittings to sort (tighten), and a small coolant dribble to also tighten, otherwise all look ok so far.

first start of the key it fired up. :thumbup:

few little finishing bits to do, and mapping of course. We are very nearly there finally.
first map to flash into it tomorrow, so it knows its got bigger injectors and MAF, and we take it from there.

Hoping for some dry conditions. :hide: as traction is going to be a non-starter

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
thanks for the update bill any chance is turning the maf a little so the wiring not as tight please

the wiring is'nt tight as the picture makes it look Liam, its just how I tucked it down the side of the TIP. MAF can rotate as desired, and there's slack in the cable to it whichever way its rotated (within reason)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise